Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 10 - Wednesday

Lean Circuit 1 - 1 set of 12 (or at least 10) to failure of the following:

single-leg calf raise w/ bicep curl (+1 set of 3 curls, super slow) [15 lb dumbbell]
triceps push ups (+1 set of 3 overhead triceps extensions, super slow) [15 lb dumbbell] - 3 on my toes, 9 on my knees
split-lunge w/ bicep curl (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [10 lb dumbbells, 15 for breakdown set]
double triceps kickback w/ stationary runner’s lunge (+1 set of 3 triceps dips, super slow)[10 lb dumbbells]
bicep/hamstring curls (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [10 lb dumbbell, 15 for breakdown set]
plank w/ single-arm triceps extension (+1 set of 3 triceps hovers, super slow) [8 lb dumbbell] - plank on my toes, hovers on my knees
reverse lunge w/ double arm bicep curl (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [10 lb dumbbells]
supine overhead triceps extensions (+1 set of 3 push ups, super slow) [15 lb dumbbell] - push ups on my toes
sumo squat calf raise w/ bicep curl (+1 set of 3 curls, super slow) [10 lb dumbbells]

My mother-in-law offered to cook dinner. Macaroni & cheese and hot dogs. No thanks. When I told her I don't eat those, she looked all sorts of pissed, but I really don't care. I get so sick of her telling me "Oh, you can have some." Or "Once in a while won't hurt." Or even worse, "When you get done losing the weight, you'll have to start eating normally again." Bite me. Yes, I can have macaroni and cheese or hot dogs, but on my terms, and not the least healthy versions I can possibly find. My son won't eat those things either. My husband, however, will eat anything, but he won't be home until late. So none of us are eating her dinner. And I don't feel bad about it. She wouldn't eat my homemade bread. She went out and bought Wonder Bread. They wouldn't eat the vegetable risotto I made, because they didn't recognize the word "risotto" (or because it had vegetables). I suppose I could be gracious and appreciate her offer to cook - and I do...I'm glad I don't have to cook for them tonight - but I don't really feel like compromising my own eating in my own house.

I'm also frustrated because I haven't been able to work out as much as I wanted to this week, and the way I'm used to. I usually work out in the living room but it would be rude to do that when my inlaws are sitting right there. It's bad enough they make comments and try to talk to me while I'm in the middle of a set. I just can't wait until they leave tomorrow. My mother-in-law wants to try ChaLean Extreme, but she's got excuses for why she can't do this move or that move. Instead, I talked her into doing some Biggest Loser stuff when she goes home. I think she trusts my recommendation but I doubt she will follow through. She's one of those people who just won't ever get it. But boy, she sure has plenty of comments on how you're doing stuff!

7:50 AM - apple & cottage cheese

10:00 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

1:00 PM - ham sandwich

1:50 PM - mandarin oranges

6:45 PM - protein granola bar; I was playing in the kitchen again, and I'm very happy with how these turned out. I will post the recipe soon!

7:20 PM - tuna salad w/ light balsamic dressing

9:00 PM - turkey sandwich w/ mustard

Calories - 1468
Carbs - 173 (21 fiber)
Protein - 125
Fat - 35
C/P/F Ratio - 45.9/33.2/20.9


2 comments:

Hayley said...

You are a hero for putting up with that - I would HATE to have someone come and stay in my home and cook junk and then act disgruntled when I didn't eat it. It's your house and your body - YOU choose what you put into your mouth. How could she possibly choose Wonder Crap over homemmade bread?! Sorry...I am kind of pissed off with my own MIL right now..LOL. Anyway, you're a trooper Becky and I'm proud of you. AND for your son for not eating that stuff either!

Becky said...

Thanks, Hayley! My son is weird - he won't eat any kind of pasta or cheese or hot dogs. UNLESS the hot dogs have cheese in them LOL