Sunday, April 26, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 11 - Sunday

Up half a pound to 136.5 today. I shouldn't have eaten that chocolate yesterday. I'm kidding! I don't know exactly why I gained. Yes, my calories were higher but not enough to gain. I only ate over maintenance levels on one day, and it wasn't by much. I'm sure I'm retaining water because my rings are sticking. And as I always say, I need more vegetables.

No formal exercise today. I took a walk today - 3 loops that I measured out to be a mile with my car but according to Google Maps, it's only 0.7 miles per loop. So I did 2.1 miles in 46:36. That doesn't seem right - I'll have to measure with my car again. I wanted to do 4 loops, but I forgot my sunscreen. It's a good thing I cut it short because I got home just as my husband was getting ready to take our son outside for a few hours - without sunscreen on! That would have pissed me off.

I think I've figured out my workout schedule for 30 Day Shred. I'm going to do it for 10 weeks, then see if I want to keep up the rotation until after my trip to New York (which now looks like will only be for Sam's cousin's wedding Labor Day weekend) or jump into what I have planned after. Here's what it looks like:

Week 1

MONDAY: 30 Day Shred (25 minutes), Jillian's No More Trouble Zones (55 minutes of circuits similar to 30DS)
TUESDAY: Turbulence Training Workout 1, Biggest Loser Workout I High Intensity Cardio (20 minutes), Biggest Loser Workout II Men's Intervals (10 minutes)
WEDNESDAY: 30 Day Shred, Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (55 minutes of cardio, similar to her cardio kickbox)
THURSDAY: Turbulence Training Workout 2, Biggest Loser Workout I High Intensity Cardio, Biggest Loser Workout II Men's Intervals
FRIDAY: 30 Day Shred,, Jillian's No More Trouble Zones
SATURDAY: Turbulence Training Workout 1, Biggest Loser Yoga (all levels, I think it's just under an hour)
SUNDAY: Off

Week 2

MONDAY: 30 Day Shred, Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
TUESDAY: Turbulence Training Workout 2, Biggest Loser Workout I High Intensity Cardio, Biggest Loser Workout II Men's Intervals
WEDNESDAY: 30 Day Shred, Jillian's No More Trouble Zones
THURSDAY: Turbulence Training Workout 1, Biggest Loser Workout I High Intensity Cardio, Biggest Loser Workout II Men's Intervals
FRIDAY: 30 Day Shred, Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
SATURDAY: Turbulence Training Workout 2, Biggest Loser Yoga
SUNDAY: Off

Repeat the two week rotation 5 times.

It looks like a lot to write it all out but it's really not. The Turbulence Training workouts have just 6 exercises, 3 sets of 8 (or so) each. No fancy moves, just good old fashioned weight training. It shouldn't take longer than 90 minutes per day, maybe a little longer on Saturdays if I do the entire yoga dvd. It won't be long before I'm not able to walk outside in this farking heat, so really, this isn't a lot of activity at all. If you're interested, this is what the Turbulence Training workouts look like.

7:15 AM - apple & cottage cheese, coffee w/ skim milk & Splenda

11:00 AM - toast, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & picante sauce, coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

2:10 PM - chicken salad w/ croutons & tuscan romano basil dressing; I didn't care for this dressing (Wishbone Bountifuls) and probably won't buy it again. I'll use it as a marinade, I think.

5:05 PM - grilled roast, baked (well, microwaved) red potatoes toped w/ sour cream, turkey bacon & mozzarella cheese

6:40 PM - chocolate frothy; It's from the Busy People's Low Carb Cookbook I have - basically hot chocolate mix, milk, gelatin, Splenda & ice cubes blended to make a milk shake. I am trying to resist the ice cream but it is so farking hot because our AC unit is dead and it's almost 90 degrees in the house.

8:00 PM - mozzarella string cheese

Calories - 1552
Carbs - 127 (13 fiber)
Protein - 149
Fat - 45
C/P/F Ratio - 33.6/39.5/26.9

No comments: