Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 12 - Wednesday

Lean Circuit 1 - 1 set of 12 (or at least 10) to failure of the following:

single-leg calf raise w/ bicep curl (+1 set of 3 curls, super slow) [15 lb dumbbell] - I tried with 20 lbs but it was too much. A third set of dumbbell handles would have been nice today.
triceps push ups (+1 set of 3 overhead triceps extensions, super slow) [15 lb dumbbell] - 5 on toes, 6 on knees
split-lunge w/ bicep curl (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [10 lb dumbbells, 15 for breakdown set]
double triceps kickback w/ stationary runner’s lunge (+1 set of 3 triceps dips, super slow)[10 lb dumbbells]
bicep/hamstring curls (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [10 lb dumbbell]
plank w/ single-arm triceps extension (+1 set of 3 triceps hovers, super slow) [10 lb dumbbell] - plank on my toes, hovers on my TOES!
reverse lunge w/ double arm bicep curl (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [10 lb dumbbells]
supine overhead triceps extensions (+1 set of 3 push ups, super slow) [20 lb dumbbell] - push ups on my toes
sumo squat calf raise w/ bicep curl (+1 set of 3 curls, super slow) [10 lb dumbbells]

Last night's Biggest Loser was amazing. Don't worry - NO SPOILERS here. I was in awe of the progress these people have made. I actually cheered (as in jumped up, shouted and clapped) twice during the show. The challenge required them to carry their original body weight through a series of stops, shedding pounds in the same pattern they did during the their time at the ranch. They all talked about how eye opening it was for them to realize that they'd been carrying that much weight around all the time. A few hours later, I was giving my son a piggy-back ride. He weighs about 45 pounds, which is less than I've actually lost, and it was just weird to think that I used to carry around that extra weight, too. Certainly, not as much as the contestants, but my body did feel weird.

6:05 AM - apple & cottage cheese

11:05 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda, turkey bacon, toast w/ butter, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

12:50 PM - baby carrots

2:55 PM - chicken salad w/ salsa & sour cream

5:05 PM - half a hot dog, Quaker Multigrain Minis; I can't decide whether I like these minis or not. They are good for something sweet and crispy but the serving size is pretty small. I could have easily eaten the whole bag.

6:50 PM - chicken sandwich

8:20 PM - apple w/ peanut butter & nutella

Calories - 1658
Carbs - 158 (24 fiber)
Protein - 128
Fat - 56
C/P/F Ratio - 38.4/31/30.7

No comments: