Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bulk Cycle 1 - Week 5 - Saturday

I was catching up on my reading today and saw an ad in Shape magazine for the bodybuilding.com web site/community and protein powder. I have had an account there for years but I don't visit often, unless I'm looking for information on routines. Not the point. The ad showed a picture of a very fit woman and it said, "I am an action figure."



I am an action figure. It immediately sparked something in me. For a while now, I've been looking for something motivational, something to put the fire back into my workouts. Seeing that ad made me want to get up and exercise (and it's an off day). I tore the page out of the magazine and hung it on the mirror behind my squat rack.

I am an action figure.

Food:
coffee w/ skim milk [2]
poached eggs, turkey bacon & bagel thin w/ light cream cheese [13]
banana, ham & turkey salad w/ homemade dressing [10]
apple [0]
bear & vegetable soup [6]
carrots, apple & cashews [8] - I think I could go crazy without apples. I love the large red delicious apples I get from Costco. They are so worth the 3 hour round trip!
apple & cheese [4]

I used all 35 of my daily points and have 27 weekly points remaining. I need more protein and fat, I think. My carbs are still too high.

No comments: