Friday, October 8, 2010

No Videos Challenge - Week 2 - Friday

I skipped ahead 2 weeks in my 5K training. During our Go Far runs, I'd been running for 5 minutes, walking for 2 minutes with no major problems, so I jumped ahead to the week 5 schedule - 2 minutes walk, 3 minutes run x 6. I didn't get to do it in the morning like I wanted to so I did it between work and school dismissal. It was hot as hell out, too. I don't know if I'll be doing that again. I enjoyed this pattern. It was definitely more challenging than the last. I feel like I may be able to go ahead to the next week's pattern - 1 minute walk, 3 minute run x 6. I didn't realize that I'm actually following the walk/jog program. I don't know if I will actually be able to run the entire 5K. The Spark program I'm following assumes a certain pace, finishing the 5K in 40 minutes. The Go Far program schedule has us currently on a 12 or 14 minute run, 1-2 minute walk pattern but none of us are actually doing that. To be honest, our program is ridiculously unorganized because we have rotating coaches, twice as many kids as last year, and no place good to run with 40 elementary children.

Oh, anyway, I did my run/walk today and burned 270 calories, so I will take 3 activity points.

Food:
eggs w/ avocado & tomato on toasted Sandwich Thin [1 pt]
salad w/ fat free dressing
ice cream [4 pts]
mahi mahi w/ mixed vegetables
plum

50 ounces of water and one coffee. 16 weekly points remaining and I used all of my activity points.

Days Binge Free: 12

No comments: