Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice - Recipe

I'm at my inlaws' for the week and it's my night to cook for them. I'm a bit nervous, as they've never had brown rice, but too bad. That's what I'm cooking with.

1 1/2 c uncooked brown rice
2 1/4 c chicken broth (or vegetable broth, or water)
1 oz onion, chopped fine
1 tbs sesame oil (or canola/olive oil)
1 lb lean pork, cut into small pieces (maybe a bit smaller than bite size)
1 onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced (any color - I used yellow)
1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables (or you can make your own mix)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix rice, broth and onion in a casserole dish. Cover and bake for 1 hour. When time is up, remove the cover, fluff rice with fork, and cover with a clean dish towel for 5 minutes.

2. In a large skillet, heat the oil and brown the pork pieces. Remove from pan and set aside. Stir the onion & pepper slices into the pan and cook until almost tender.

3. Cook your stir fry vegetables. If using frozen, follow the directions on the package. If using fresh, cook them with the peppers & onions in the skillet.

4. When the vegetables are cooked, stir the pork back into the pan. Heat for 5 minutes and serve over rice.

No numbers for this. I'm in a rush. This will make 6-8 servings.

No comments: