Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vacation Update

On Saturday, I did my workout on the suspension trainer.

Warm Up – squat, row, curl, raise

Metabolic Workout A – 4 circuits - 30 second segments, 40 seconds to transition between exercises, 90 second rests between circuits

single leg squat
atomic push up
low row
balance lunge
side plank

Not much to say about those. I enjoy them and they are perfect for travel. For cardio, I ran intervals outside. I really, really enjoyed it. Don't tell anyone I admitted to liking running. I did a 3 minute warm up, then ran 6 30 second run, 30 second walk cycles.

Sunday, I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 (359 calories) and Monday I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster (184 calories). The other days, I did a fair amount of walking but didn't wear my HRM.

As for food, the best thing I can say is that I managed to do Meatless Monday. I'm going to be very glad to get home.

The best part of vacation though, was my bargain find. I got a pair of 50 pound adjustable Weider dumbbells with a stand for $250+tax. They were on clearance at Sears, and the associate working and I have, uh, history, so I got the employee discount. I had called my husband when I saw them (before I even knew I'd get the additional discount) and he wanted them even at the clearance price. He was jumping all over that deal, and I knew he'd be disappointed if I didn't get them. He swears he will use them. He claims the reason he hated working out with our other dumbbells is because it always took too much time to change the weights and put them back to my preferred weight when he was done. I was kind of bummed that I wouldn't even be using the new weights for a few months because of Insanity, but in a last minute turn of events, I am postponing Insanity until fall. My friend talked me into starting New Rules of Lifting for Women when I get back from New York. So come Monday, that's what I will be doing. I told my husband he's doing it, too. However, I did not mention the "for women" part. He doesn't have to know!

No comments: