Saturday, April 17, 2010

NROL4W - Stage 1 - Saturday - Tabata Sprints & Yoga

I absolutely did not want to get up and run this morning. I tried to think of any excuse that didn't sound like an excuse. Finally, I just got my ass out of bed and did it. I loved it. I was dying and my chest was rattling, but I loved it and I will most definitely do it again next Saturday. I wish I'd tried running outside a long time ago. It's so much better than the treadmill! It's a great, short workout. Tabatas are 20 seconds of all out work followed by 10 seconds of rest, 8 times. It takes 4 minutes for the actual workout, but I did a 4 minute walking/jogging warm up and a 2 minute cool down. It's not a huge calorie burner (70 calories - 1 activity point) but it has it's advantages. After the run, I did 30 minutes of One-On-One With Tony Horton Fountain of Youth Yoga. I always skip the ab work. I hate the ab work.

My husband and I (along with my son) walked to the park this morning and we played tennis for the first time in probably 15 years or more. It was so much fun! Sam absolutely loved it and said it's something he could see us really getting into. Sebastian liked it, but he'd prefer to play on the playground. It really sucks that there is a huge building in between the tennis court and the playground. It would be nice if he could play in the playground while we play tennis.

After tennis and a good lunch, I came home and fell asleep during my meditations. I slept for over 3 hours! Ugh.

Food today:
"fried" egg, cream of wheat pancake w/ light syrup [1 pt]
lunch at a buffet [all the rest of my points] - I did not eat horribly. I ate small portions, but I sampled many things.
grilled pork
cereal w/ skim milk

I am really proud of myself for not letting indulgence at lunch turn into an all day fuster cluck!!! Normally I would have been eating ice cream and junk for the rest of the day.

100 ounces of water. Reward percentage: 14 out of 20 - 70%

Tomorrow I rest! And drink coffee for my weekly reward!

No comments: