Monday, November 24, 2008

NROL - Week 17 - Monday

Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 2 today. Man, I love this workout!! And I was reviewing some of the other Beachbody sets and I am really impressed. I know doing Hip Hop Abs is never going to happen due to my inability to move in an manner that resembles dancing, but P90X and 10 Minute Trainer look great! I have a couple more to review but I don't think I could ever go wrong with Beachbody. And I have some Walk Away The Pounds dvds coming today, so I'm really pleased with my exercise library.

This is probably the only post this week. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon. I'll have access to a computer while I'm away but, quite frankly, I think a break from the Internet will be good for me. I'm not going to track my food at all after today. For the rest of the week, I am going to just try to make good food decisions and watch my portions. I'll weigh in Monday of next week, and hopefully, I won't be higher than 150 pounds. With any luck, I'll be under yesterday's weight. I don't know how much exercise I will get. Tomorrow, I'll do Turbo Jam again, then I have to drive all night. Wednesday, I'll grab a few hours of sleep then I'm taking my step-daughter and her friend to see Twilight (which I've been dying to see since I finished reading the series). I know for a fact that I won't be eating any movie theater foods! I never do any more. I'll admit, I do usually bring in some carrots or lean protein. I wish movie theaters would offer healthier alternatives.

I have food for the trip - turkey sandwiches, apples and carrots, granola bars. I'm in good shape there. I'm even bringing my own coffee and coffee "stuff" so I don't overdo it at my favorite convenience store along the way. I think I can do this. For the first tie in years, I don't think I'm going to gain 10 pounds on this trip!

Hmmm. I was just reading a thread at Lowcarbfriends.com (I won't link to it because it will probably be deleted by the admins there) about eating off plan for Thanksgiving. On the one hand, you have the people who plan to indulge and eat the foods that are "forbidden" on the Atkins diet. I know LCF isn't strictly Akins, but it used to be Atkinsfriends.com and most of the members are on Atkins. So they are kind of fanatics. They are on the other hand. There is a huge debate raging right now, and a lot of the FanAtkins are being typically judgemental. It makes me glad I'm not on Atkins anymore. I can see the point about cheating on a diet causing bigger problems (like falling off plan completely) but they are so "this is the only way you will lose weight and keep it off" about the whole thing. About all eating, actually. I know people get passionate about things in their lives, especially when it's affected them as much as Atkins has. But it's not the only way!! The same mentality from low fatters drives me nuts, too. There's one user on LCF who is making a heck of a lot of sense and, unfortunately, being ganged up on by the militants. For him, the idea of forbidden foods and deprivation makes him obsess about that food. Hello! Sounds very familiar to me! As much as I hate to see people struggle with weight issues, I really wish some of those people could be knocked off their high horses. It's a long fall. I know because I used to sit there.

Unrelated, but something I read on another board has me thinking. Someone posted a poll, just for fun, asking how happy we are. I realized that the last few days, I've been in a much better mood than normal. I have more energy, too. I know last week I commented about cardio not doing much for my mood but I think I have to take that back. The only thing that has changed, that I can pinpoint, is the increase in exercise. I was doing just 20 minutes of cardio, twice a week. For the last (almost) two weeks, I've been doing 40 minutes of cardio and I've done it 7 times (I think - it doesn't seem like that many but I went back through my blog and I think I counted right). And I'll do it again tomorrow. I bet I get depressed and pissy while I'm on vacation. I wonder if I should bring my dvd. I won't really have time or room to do the video. My inlaws have 3+ feet of snow, so outdoor cardio is out of the question. Hmm. I'll have to think.

8:20 AM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

9:55 AM - toast, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper, taco sauce; I probably could have done with just one piece of toast - the bread gave me hiccups for some reason. Usually it's carrots.

1:45 PM - orange & cottage cheese

6:15 PM - taco soup; I had one bowl and went back for a second but it was just too filling; I think eating smaller meals is paying off because I don't feel like I can eat much at one time anymore; then again, the bowl was about 3/4 full, it's a larger cereal bowl, and the soup was very, very rich - hence the high numbers tonight (let's just say I ate at maintenance levels today - actually, still a couple hundred under but nowhere near the deficit I've been running)

7:30 PM - tea w/ skim milk & Splenda

Calories - 2076
Carbs - 147 (24 fiber)
Protein - 136
Fat - 108
C/P/F Ratio - 27.9/25.9/46.2

2 comments:

Jess said...

You are doing SO awesome! Planning ahead, working out, and being honest with yourself. You go girl! :)

Hayley said...

Becky - you sound so happy...and like you're on the right track with eating, exercise, etc. I hope you have a great trip!! I KNOW you will do well.. :)