Monday, November 10, 2008

NROL - Week 15 - Monday

I went to my second kickboxing class this morning. It was much different from the one I attended Friday. I still wasn't crazy about it. Then the general manager came up to me after the class and pitched the sale. That did it for me. I politely listened but I won't be going back, even though I still have a free class or two. He was really pushy. I understand that fitness centers are in the business of making money, and I have no problem with that. This particular fitness center just isn't what I'm looking for. There's very little variety and the weight room didn't wow me. I still want to check out the new fitness center that opened up in May, but I'm in no hurry.

Ok, honestly, in class today I felt inadequate. The trainer had us doing 100 crunches, 100 pushups, and more ridiculous amounts of ab work in between the actual kickboxing. I'm not used to doing so many and to be frank, I have no desire to do that many. Ever. I felt like all the exercise I'd been doing at home was sub-standard, and I don't want to feel that way. There is nothing wrong with the way I work out at home.

I did learn one thing from the two classes I took - the 20 minute workouts just aren't going to cut it. I can go for an hour, so I think I'll kick it up a bit and start doing the Turbo Jam Cardio Party routines, which are close to 45 minutes. My biggest excuse is that I just like to rush through my workouts and hit the showers. I have the time in the morning - literally nothing else to do between the time I get up and the time I take my son to school. I will be using those 2 hours to do 45 minutes of exercise and take a shower. There is absolutely no reason not to.

More house cleaning today. I'll be done tomorrow. I could finish today but my son insists on helping shampoo the carpets, and he has no school tomorrow. What a nut!

7:45 AM - apple & cottage cheese

11:10 AM - omelet w/ green pepper, onion, cream cheese & salsa, turkey bacon, coffee w/ cream & Splenda

3:10 PM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda, yogurt; I don't really care for the yogurt with candy/cookies - it just makes me miss real junk food

6:30 PM - roasted chicken legs, green beans w/ cheese sauce

Calories - 1308
Carbs - 103 (11 fiber)
Protein - 113
Fat - 49
C/P/F Ratio - 31.7/34.7/33.6

No comments: