Sunday, November 16, 2008

NROL - Week 15 - Sunday

151 today. For those keeping score with the home version of the game, that's up a pound from last week. I'm starting to get annoyed. Next Sunday I'll take measurements, but in the meantime, I'm not sure what to do differently. I know I didn't gain fat - I'm not eating at a surplus. It's probably hormonal. Or stress because I have my holiday trip to New York coming up, and I'm sick. Sick enough that I skipped cardio today. Even though it's supposed to be my day off, I wanted to do it, but when I woke up and couldn't breathe well, I said forget it. I have one more week on this NROL routine and want to be able to finish it. Still, I'm disappointed.

I did end up doing about 20 minutes on the Wii Fit - step aerobics, hula hoop, basic run, and rhythm boxing. It turns out that I can't use the elliptical well during the runs. For some reason, the remote doesn't register the motion. That's okay. I'll use the elliptical for Tabatas. I love the rhythm boxing. It put me in the mood to Turbo. I really, really wanted to Turbo. I was breathing better but didn't want to do it in front of my husband. I don't have all the moves down yet.

I just realized - it's probably the Splenda giving me trouble. Frickety frick. I don't like stevia and I won't use regular sugar. *insert Fred Flintstone cursing here* I know I've considered this possibility before, and I wasn't willing to give up the sweetener. I may need to rethink this. I only log granular Splenda, but I also use liquid Splenda in my coffee and tea - one drop of liquid with one teaspoon of granular. So I'm consuming A LOT of Splenda. Damn it.  I know this is a big problem. I need to wean myself off the artificial sweeteners, including pop. Damn. Damn, damn.

7:15 AM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

8:40 AM - apple & cottage cheese

12:00 PM - chicken breast, carrots & celery w/ cream cheese & salsa dip

1:30 PM -  tea w/ skim milk; I left out the granular Splenda and only used 1 drop of liquid, and it was drinkable

3:00 PM - beef & vegetable soup; I didn't measure this but there's nothing in it except mixed vegetables and some lean chunks of roast

6:00 PM - soup

7:00 PM - apple skins; my son wanted an apple and refuses to eat the skins; they are my favorite part, but I didn't measure

I'm still hungry and don't know what to do. Yogurt? Banana?

7:35 PM - yogurt (the Breyers YoCrunch w/ M&Ms in it); not satisfying at all, but I'm going to brush my teeth and get ready for bed, and hope for the best

No comments: