Monday, December 10, 2007

Challenge 2 Day 15

I've really been slacking in the getting up early department. That needs to change. At least on Wednesdays I'm up early, because my son has speech therapy. I definitely need to work on the other days of the week.

With the holidays upon us, I've been debating whether or not I want to make goodies. I'm quite scared to, to be honest, because I don't trust myself to go overboard. Yesterday's slowly eaten candy bar may be a fluke. Though, I did make some wonderful pumpkin carrot muffins, and I only ate one! My son ate two. I think I am going to make a batch for my mom. If I can find more "healthy" recipes like this, I may do some more baking. I know it's not really BFL/BFFM friendly, but my rule lately has been just eat it if it's under maintenance levels, though I do try to stick close to my goal ratios for macronutrients. Quite honestly, I'm tired of worrying about it. I feel good, I'm losing weight, and I'm not usually pigging out. I don't feel like I'm dieting, and that's something positive. I don't feel deprived like I did when I was doing low carb or low fat. Maybe I'm doing that intuitive eating mumbo-jumbo I scoffed at earlier this year. Damn, reading it now, it makes so much sense.

A lesson was learned today, as well: the ends of a loaf of bread are terrible for french toast! They don't soak up the egg mixture. I used 3 slices of "butts" and one regular piece of bread and I still had mixture left over. At least I'm getting a little fiber this way.

apple
cottage cheese

fortified french toast
coffee w/ cream

carrots
homemade kielbasa
pumpkin carrot muffin

tilapia w/ tartar sauce
sweet potato

Calories - 1539
Carbs - 158 (32 fiber)
Protein - 138
Fat - 53
C/P/F Ratio - 38.1/33.2/28.7

No comments: