Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Rules of Lifting for Abs - Week 9 - Saturday & Sunday

front plank & pulldown 1x12 each side
side plank & row 1x12 each side
Swiss ball jackknife 1x12
cable kneeling cross-body lift 1x12 each side - I can't do this one because I don't have the equipment, but I'm going to keep writing it in

deadlift 1x6x100 lbs 1x4x105 lbs, 1x2x110 lbs, 1x6x105 lbs

barbell step up 4x8x105 lbs each side
one-arm dumbbell push press 4x8x25 lbs each side

dumbbell offload squat 2x8x20&30 lbs - switch sides on second set
(assisted) mixed grip chin up 2x8 - reverse grip on second set

metabolic workout: dumbbell swings (10-12 swings per minute for 12 minutes) - I did 12 swings per minute with a 30 pound bell.

Food sucked again, but I'm back on plan tomorrow, I promise. I've gained  ton of weight this summer. I braved the scale this morning, and I'm up 20 pounds since I stopped Insanity. THAT is insane. It's been a terrible, stressful, boring summer, and I clearly have to learn to manage my stress and boredom. I am so glad to be going back to work tomorrow. I don't know what I'm going to do for exercise but I know it will be something (I'm not blowing it off). I just want more flexibility and less pressure to complete a program or a rigid workout. September is going to be very busy for me and I just don't know if I will have the time to get in hour-long workouts. This way, if I only have 20 or 30 minutes, I can pop in some Turbo Fire HIIT workouts. Or if I do have an hour or two, I can go ride my bike, go for a walk with my son, or so some weight lifting. I am going to aim for at least one full-body workout (with weights) per week, and if I can squeeze in some bodyweight or suspension trainer circuits during the week, fantastic. I just don't want to have my workouts hanging over me all the time. I used to be able to get up at 5 AM and get all of that nonsense out of the way, but that no longer works for me. I don't want to have to go through the day knowing I still have to work out when I get home. Since I sometimes substitute in the after school program (and sometimes I never know until half hour before), I can't always depend on getting my workout done after work. And with the weather getting better, I want to spend more time outside with my son, not having to tell him, "Not now, I have to work out." I don't want structured exercise ruling my life anymore.

No comments: