Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Rules of Lifting for Abs - Week 7 - Tuesday

My left knee started bothering me yesterday and I can't figure out why. I worked out with a knee brace today. It's just a sharp stabbing pain in the top/front of the knee cap when I bend & flex. Almost like a cramp in the knee.

I also switched to a barbell for my step ups. I only have a short step so I'm going to go even heavier next week to get a better workout with a shorter range of motion.

front plank & pulldown 1x12 each side
side plank & row 1x12 each side
Swiss ball jackknife 1x12
cable kneeling cross-body lift 1x12 each side - I can't do this one because I don't have the equipment, but I'm going to keep writing it in

deadlift 1x8x85 lbs 1x6x90 lbs, 1x4x95 lbs, 1x8x90 lbs

barbell step up 4x8x85 lbs each side
one-arm dumbbell push press 4x8x30 lbs each side

dumbbell offload squat 2x8x15&25 lbs - switch sides on second set
(assisted) mixed grip chin up 2x8 - reverse grip on second set

metabolic workout: dumbbell swings (10-12 swings per minute for 10 minutes) - I did 120 swings with a 30 pound bell.

Food:
coffee w/ skim milk [2]
eggs, turkey bacon & sandwich thin w/ homemade apple spread [11]
veggie salad w/ green beans, almonds & olive oil [7]
ham & cheese wrap [6]
apple & yogurt [3]

I used all of my daily points and have 44 weekly points remaining. We went to Chick-fil-A for dinner and I did not want a salad. I knew it would not satisfy me and I could not trust myself to eat a sandwich & fries, dipping so far into my weeklies so early in the week. So I didn't get anything and just made something when I got home. I'm not happy about that. I want to be able to eat fast food but I can't do moderation right now. I know, without any doubt, it would have screwed my whole week up. It sucks.

No comments: