Wednesday, June 30, 2010

NROL4W - Stage 3 - Wednesday - Workout B1

Stage 3B

barbell Romanian dead lift w/ bent over row 1x6x65 lbs, 2x6x70 lbs
105 s rest

partial single leg squat 3x6 - I used my suspension trainer for this, to help me balance. Cheating, I guess but I need a reason to use it.
wide-grip lat pull down (assisted pull up) 3x6
105 s rest

back extension 3x6
YTWL shoulder matrix 1x6x3 lbs, 2x6x5 lbs - These suckers are hard.
105 s rest

(long arm) Swiss ball crunch 3x6
prone jackknife 3x6
Swiss ball side crunch 3x6 [per side]
105 s rest

Intervals: 3 min warm up, 1 min work/2 min recovery x 5, 2 min cool down [20 minutes total] - I did simulated jump roping with various foot movements for my work intervals and a light jog for my recovery intervals.


THIS WORKOUT ROCKS SO FREAKING HARD!! I loved it. It is probably the best workout I have ever done. It was challenging and I could feel ever muscle in my body working its ass off. There is usually something in every workout that I dislike, but this just rocked! I burned 143 calories with the intervals and I learned that I can jump rope much better without a jump rope. So, 2 activity points for the weights and 1 for the intervals. I've decided that all of my weight workouts are going to get 2 points, regardless of how long they take. Most of the time is rest anyway. I hate long rest periods.

Food:
apple & cottage cheese
chocolate milk [1 pt] - I drank this between my weight training and my intervals. I needed the pick me up.
salad w/ tuna fish, cucumbers, peppers, tomato, onion, cheese [1 pt] & vidalia onion dressing [1 pt] - I feel guilty using my points on cheese and this dressing. I did just use half a serving of dressing and bulked it up with a teaspoon of olive oil.
carrot sticks & a little pickle
beef stroganoff w/ whole wheat pasta, broccoli & cauliflower [3 pts for non-Core ingredients] - This was really, really good. But pasta does not fill me up at all. I was hungry 90 minutes later.
eggs & turkey, toast w/ Smart Balance [2 pts]

80 ounces of water and two coffees. 20 weekly and 7 activity points remaining.

Tomorrow's workout - Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2

No comments: