Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Rules of Lifting for Abs - Week 1 - Wednesday

My legs were still sore from Monday's workout, so I was dreading this. I still dislike the warm up.

anti-rotation static hold - 2x30 sec each side
elevated plank - 10x10 sec
elevated side plank - 5x10 sec each side

dumbbell single-leg Romanian deadlift 3x12x20 lbs each leg
dumbbell alternating shoulder press 3x12x15 lbs each arm

overhead squat - 1x12x30 lbs, 2x12x20 lbs
cable kneeling pulldown - 3x12x40 lbs

This was my first time doing most of these moves. I took it easy on the squat because of that, and the fact that my legs are still sore. I dug out the lat pull "machine" my husband made for me years ago. The elevated planks were something. I started out using my stability ball but it was too unstable so I switched to a chair. I am sure I'll be using the ball by the time I finish Stage 1.

I'm having balance problems with my feet, especially on single-leg exercises. I'm an over-pronator and I can most definitely feel it. I ended up taking off my cross-trainers (my running shoes are for over-pronators, but I don't like wearing them in the house) and doing everything in bare feet. It was a little better but I am still horribly unbalanced.

It was a challenging workout - 2 activity points, I guess.

Food:
coffee w/ skim milk [2]
apple & cottage cheese [5]
cheese omelet w/ turkey & Sweet Heat Addiction [9]
turkey & cheese [6]
shepherd's pie [10]
grapes [0]
apple [0]
turkey & cheese sandwich [9]

I ate all of my daily points, and have 37 weekly and 7 activity points remaining. I only got 20 ounces of water (again), and I totally forgot that I was supposed to fast today. So intermittent fasting is just not going to happen!

No comments: