Monday, June 20, 2011

New Rules of Lifting for Abs - Week 1 - Monday

Yay, it's been three months since I've lifted weights. I bought this book on a whim and talked my friend Melissa into doing it with me. Not that it takes much convincing with her anymore. I love having a workout buddy who is on the same page as I am.

Anyway, NROL for Abs is pretty different from the first two NROL programs. It includes a 13 exercise warm up and a core workout before the rest of the workout. I did not like the warm up at all. Most of the moves, except for the squats and butt kicks, felt weird. It took me forever, too, because I had to learn the form. That should improve but I am still not crazy about the warm up.

plank - 2x90 sec
side plank - 2x45 sec, each side

split squat, front foot elevated - 3x12x20 lbs, each side
suspended row - 3x12

Romanian deadlift - 3x12x100 lbs
push up - 3x12

I'll take 2 Activity Points for this. Start to finish, it took about 45 minutes. I'm not sure what I think about it. It was difficult because I haven't lifted in three months.

Oh, and the damage from my vacation: 7 pounds. I lost 8 doing Insanity and gained all but 1 pound back. I am willing to bet that half of it is water weight from the carb-fest. But damn, I am so sick of this ride. I don't know what to do. Well, I know what to do. I don't know why I can't do it. All I wanted today was junk, junk, junk and meat. But I'm determined to stick with Meatless Mondays for the rest of the year (bringing me to 2 years). It sort of forces me to try new non-meat dishes, too. Anyway, I wanted to stuff my face all day and didn't, and when I got to the end of the day, I was sort of scrambling to meet my daily points.

Food:
apple & cottage cheese [5]
steamed broccoli w/ cheese [5]
carrot sticks w/ homemade dip [5]
apple [0]
vegetarian chili [5]
coffee w/ skim milk [1]
peanut butter & Nutella sandwich [8]

I did get 80 ounces of water, and no pop until I drank all the water. I did get all of my daily points in, and have 49 weekly points (and 2 activity points) remaining.

No comments: