Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vacation Summary & Challenge 2 Notes

I was a really good girl until the day before Thanksgiving, when I started helping bake the pies and breads. I really wasn't horrible at all in terms of eating, but I did enjoy myself. I did not drink, though I had planned to. I also did not exercise, though I'd planned on it. The weather was too crappy to go running and the house was too full of people to find anywhere to do calisthenics/resistance bands. So I read two Stephen King books, and I enjoyed myself immensely.

I've changed my mind about buying a heart rate monitor. Aside from my husband spending the money I had set aide for one, I realized that it's not going to change the way I work out. I'm going to keep doing exactly what I'm doing now. The only reason I wanted the monitor was to see my numbers. I don't need to see them. I'm trying to stop living my life according to statistics. It's going to be hard enough to not obsess over calories and carbs and fat and protein. I don't need another parameter.

I'm also not going to bother with specific goals this challenge. I just want to keep losing weight. I'm not officially entering at the BFL site. I'm just doing this for me now, because I enjoy it.

No comments: