Sunday, November 13, 2011

Spartan Sprint Countdown - Week 9 - Thursday - Weekend

Busy, busy weekend. Thursday was our final GO FAR session and my son had a sleepover. I spent most of Thursday night working on my NaNoWriMo stuff, and figuring out a workout schedule for the next 12 weeks. I am going to do a Turbo Fire ChaLean Extreme hybrid, but I didn't like any of the ones I found online so I made my own. I'm hoping to get back in the habit of working out first thing in the morning.

I haven't decided if I want to continue Weight Watchers and count points, or if I just want to count calories. Calories are a pain in the ass. Points are easy. I do know that I have to focus more on protein, no matter which way I go. I have looked over my blog a lot and it seems like I do best when my protein is higher. And by protein, I mean lean meats. I have a hard time getting enough protein on Meatless Mondays, while keeping the carbs in check. Even beans and whole grains make me hungry. I need my chicken and tuna.

Oh, and yeah, I completed my first 8K on Saturday. I knew going in that I would not be running the whole thing. My goal was to finish in under 75 minutes. I finished in 1:05:07 with a pace of 13:08 minute mile. Not nearly as good as my 9-10 minute miles for the 5Ks in April & May, but hell, I'm really out of shape now and 25 pounds heavier. I have a 5K in December. I won't be running that one because my son will be doing his first 5K, and I promised I'd stay with him. So I'll walk/job that one, and I'll try to find another 5K to squeeze in before the Spartan Sprint.

No comments: