Monday, November 14, 2011

ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit 1

I'm shifting gears a bit. I"m still counting down to my Spartan Sprint, but I had to get with an actual program if I'm going to get back in shape. So I'm doing my own ChaLean Extreme/Turbo hybrid. I'm doing all the lifting from CLX, some of the Turbo Fire workouts and some Turbo Jam. I'm very happy with what I've put together.

Today was Burn Circuit 1. If you're not familiar with ChaLean Extreme, it's 9 exercises, each done 12 times in the Burn circuit. You're supposed to lift very slowly, as heavy as you can. There are also "extreme" exercises, which are 3 reps done super, super slowly. I always have a problem with the slow part.

Again, all of these are 1 set of 12 reps, except for the extreme exercises, which is 1 set of 3 reps.

Sumo Squat w/ Hip Lift - 25 lbs
Lunge w/ Posterior Fly - 15 lbs
Push-Up w/ Leg Lift
Dead Lift w/ Posterior Fly - 10 lbs
Lunge w/ Core Rotation - 25 lbs
Bench Press & Leg Lower - 25 lbs
Squat w/ Side Bend - 20 lbs
Extreme Squat - 20 lbs
Forward Lean Lunge w/ Dbl Arm Posterior Fly - 10 lbs
Extreme Fly - 10 lbs
Chest Fly w/ Hip Lift - 15 lbs
Extreme Pushups

It felt really, really good to do this workout. I can't wait for tomorrow's!

Food:
coffee w/ creamer & milk
vegetable soup
salad w/ red peppers slices & fat free dressing
omelet w/ salsa, cheese, onions, peppers & garlic

No comments: