Thursday, November 24, 2011

107 Days until the Spartan Sprint

Today was the first annual OBX GO FAR Turkey Trot 5K & Fun Run. I didn't run it. I was there as a volunteer. I did have to haul my ass all the way to the turn around point, which is not the halfway point. In fact, this turn around was not even a mile from the start line. Poor runners got there and were all like "YEAH, HALFWAY BABY!!!" I didn't have the heart to tell them that they were not even a third of the way there. I had a wonderful time though. I love GO FAR. I'm so glad I got involved. Though this was a fundraiser race and not one for the GO FAR kids, there were a few who did participate. I was so happy to see them, and their parents, out running today.

I was pretty good about food today. I did not cook a big Thanksgiving dinner. We were going to grill some steaks but we changed our minds and ended up going out to eat. I didn't stuff myself and I did not hit the dessert bar. I had a few bites of pumpkin pie, but that was it.

I even managed a short bike ride today. I feel good.

No comments: