Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Turbulence Training - Day 3 of 84

Today, I cursed Craig Ballantyne the way I cursed Alwyn Cosgrove when I did New Rules of Lifting. Evil, evil men!

Warm Up:
body weight squat - 10 reps
plank - 20s
push up - 6
repeat

Workout B - rest as little as possible
A1) 1-leg dead lift 3x15 per side
A2) chin up 3x4
B1) step-up 3x15 per side
B2) slow push up 3x8
C1) prisoner lunge 3x15 per side
C2) side plank 3x30s per side
D1) close-grip push up 3x30
D2) plank 3x60s

This workout sucked! As in, it whooped my ass. It was 10 times more challenging than Workout A, and longer (because there were more one-sided exercises in this bunch). It took about 45 minutes and I was sweating and huffing and puffing the whole time. I'd consider it heavy exercise and the slider gives me 4 activity points, but I'm only taking 3. The easiest exercise in this whole set was the chin up!! How sad is that??? I had problems balancing with the dead lifts, I had to do the close-grip push ups on my knees, and the prisoner lunges about killed my shoulders. Even the planks were difficult - I spent a quarter of the time on my knees.

Interval Workout: 5 min warm up, 60 s hard pace, 60 s moderate pace x 6, 5 min cool down - I still hate running. I'm a big believer in not doing things I hate, but I'm stuck with this. I am going to look for other options but this is probably as effective as I can get without running outside, so I'll be sucking it up. And who knows - it might get better. I ran (a little) farther today, but burned fewer calories. I hate that I adjust so quickly to exercise.
Distance: 1.63 miles
Calories: 167 (2 activity points)

cereal w/ skim milk & banana

apple & cottage cheese

chicken breast wrap w/ cheese & baked buttercup squash fries [1 pt for half a wrap and 1/4 oz of cheese]

whole wheat pumpkin carrot mini muffins [2 pts]

various raw vegetables

omelet w/ onion, green pepper & salsa, light English muffin w/ reduced-sugar jelly [1 pt for muffin]

green & red pepper slices; I love red peppers - I wish they weren't so expensive.

candy bar [4 pts]; I had no idea there was a 3 Musketeers Truffle Crisp bar!!!! Worth every point!!

Three cups of coffee and 40 ounces of water. I am still struggling with water. I have no problem getting my 80 ounces 90% of the time. But just as with exercise, it's more difficult in the winter. 21 weekly and 9 activity points remaining.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I just wanted to check in and say hi - you are AMAZING Becky...I've briefly looked over your recent posts and wow...you have come such a long way.

I think of you often and hope all is well. :)

Becky said...

Thanks, Hayley!