Monday, December 7, 2009

Fat X - Day 1 - Monday

I was going to do one of my favorite workouts in this "off" time between programs but then I figured I'd give Fat X a shot. I've seen quite a few people on SparkPeople.com doing it, and I've been reviewing it for a couple months. It's a 12-day workout program. The workouts are pretty short. The web site has videos for each workout - I wrote everything down.

Fat X Workout
(warm up 5 minutes before each workout)

Day 1
Turkish get-ups – 3 reps per side for 5 min, rest 2-3 min
do circuit as may times as you can for 5 minutes: dumbbell bench press, dead lift, weighted Roman chair crunch (use a weight that would max out at 10 reps) do 6 reps per exercise, rest 2-3 minutes, repeat one time
Turkish get-ups – 3 reps per side for 3 min (try to use a heavier weight)

Holy hell - I was not expecting this to be so intense. I was only on my first circuit of Turkish get-ups and I thought I wasn't going to make it. Oh, it so rocked!! Here's how it worked out:

Turkish get ups - 9 circuits at the beginning, 4 at the end - both rounds with a 5 pound dumbbell
other exercises - 4 sets of 6 with 20 pound dumbbells in both rounds
Total time - 27:33
Calories burned - 197 (2 Activity Points)

I'm trying to get back on track with food today. I'm also starting my Christmas baking today.

multigrain Cheerios w/ skim milk [3 pts]

omelet w/ onion, green pepper, Swiss cheese & salsa, light English muffin w/ sugar-free jam [6pts]; I am totally in love with Swiss cheese.

turkey salad w/ green peppers & light dressing [4 pts]; I absolutely HATE the Wishbone Bountifuls Tuscan Romano-Basil dressing. I'm glad this was the last of it.

cookie dough [5 pts]; I licked the beater and figured I'd better overestimate. I honestly have no desire to eat any of the junk I'm making today. I ate so much crap at the movies yesterday that I still feel lousy.

omelet w/ onion, green pepper, Swiss cheese & salsa [5 pts]

apple & peanut butter [4 pts]

Two cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water. Water has been hard for me lately because it's so cold, and I only count plain water as water.

26 points today. 29 weekly and 2 activity points remaining.

No comments: