Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Insanity Fit Test/Turbulence Training Prep

Since I'm in between programs, I'm just doing random stuff. Yesterday, I did some Turbo Jam (CP3). Today, I did my prep work for Turbulence Training and the Insanity Fit Test. I have no plans to do Insanity right away - I just did it for fun. Well, it wasn't fun. I did it to see where I stand. Or collapse on the floor, is more like it.

For Turbulence Training, I needed to find my max for a bunch of exercises. The numbers are pretty low because I only did as many as I could do at the specified tempo and without any mini-breaks. Here are the numbers:

push ups - 12
1-leg squats - 8 (and I'll admit, I touched the wall for balance)
chin-ups - 5 (re-grip, of course)
slow push ups - 9
inverted rows - 10
bicycle crunches - 40
elevated push ups - 10

So when I do my first month of Turbulence Training, I'll be working in sets of 3 x a certain percentage of each exercise. I'm going to try to increase each week, but these will form my starting numbers.

Insanity. Oh boy. I don't even know what to say about this beast. Insanity will very likely kill me. The freaking fit test is hard! I don't know if it's because I have a cold or what, but I struggled. And I definitely need better shoes!

switch kicks - 78
power jacks - 53
power knees - 86
power jumps - 25
globe jumps - 9
suicide jumps - 13
push up jacks - 14
low plank obliques - 32

No comments: