Friday, February 17, 2017

74 Days

It's my day off from work, but not my workouts!

Workout D

Romanian deadlift - 5x5x60 lbs
good morning - 3x8x30 lbs
sumo squat - 3x8x20 lbs (2 10 lbs dumbbells)
db skullcrusher - 3x8x10 lbs

Let's talk about good mornings for a minute. They are nothing like they sound. A good morning would be lying on the couch with my Kindle and endless coffee. Basically, you put a bar on your back and hinge forward at the hips. As opposed to hinging backwards - I don't recommend that at all. It's a back/hamstring exercise and I have really shitty range of motion for ham exercises. So anyway. I found the clamps for my squatting bar, and was going to use that for my good mornings but the damn bar is all rusted from sitting unused in my garage for years and I couldn't get the plates on. I will be sanding it down tomorrow. So I had to use my E-Z curl bar, which is hella uncomfortable because it has a big bump right in the middle, right where it rests against your back/base of the neck. And I had to use little enough weight that I could get it over my head and into position. So suckage all around for good mornings today. Hopefully next Friday will be better. I know I can GM more than 30 freaking pounds.

But let me tell you how awesome sumo squats and skullcrushers are! My favorites of the workout, maybe even in the whole program. I used two 10 lbs dumbbells for the crushers (unlike just one 10 lb dumbbell for my pullovers the other day) and my triceps hate me. It's ok. And sumo squats!! I can get good depth and it hits the parts of the quads that the other leg exercises don't really target. I love them. At rest, my legs feel like they could run marathons, there's so much something coursing through my muscles. In motion, I just want to sit back down.

It's amazing, though, how much better I feel already. I have a lot more energy than I did a week ago. Not go out for walks or runs energy, but enough energy to clean my house without dreading it and wishing I could just go back to the couch. Such a huge change! I can't believe it. I feel less anxious, there is pep in my step. I gotta keep this shit up!

Food

Breakfast
  • coffee w/ Splenda & creamer [7]
Lunch:
  • yogurt [3]
Dinner:
  • chef said [17]
27 of 30. So yeah, it's been a lame week in terms of food but like I said on the first day, this was a spur of the moment decision and I didn't have time to prep. The fact that I didn't hit the vending machine once at work is an accomplishment. I think next week will be better, and I will eat more. I'm going to spend tomorrow evening going through all the WW recipes I can find, picking out stuff I would like and that I think the boys would like. Well frankly, I don't care if they like it. One healthy meal a day won't freaking kill them.


1 comment:

Melty said...

I did sumos yesterday too. I requested them. I really feel those when I get down low. I'm so glad you are getting that endorphin rush!!! I don't get that as much with boot camp. I'm trying to mix more STS with my workouts but having a hard time finding time. Gotta buckle down!