Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spartan Sprint Countdown - Week 1 - Tuesday

I wasn't going to do a workout today (I was going to lift tomorrow) but then the CrossFit WOD came in my email and I figured it would be nice and "easy" (in the uncomplicated sense) to do:

Overhead squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Front squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Back squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps

Trying to increase the weight with each rep. So it was my understanding that I do one rep as heavy as I can, rest, try to lift more on the next, rest, and so on. Or just lift as heavy as I can each time and if I can add weight, great, if not, fine.

Ultimately, I was only able to do 35 pounds for the overhead squats. I cannot do these at all. I am so unbalanced, and I had trouble with them when I was doing New Rules of Lifting for Abs. For the front squat, I did 45-50-55-60-65, and I could get down pretty far, almost ass-to-grass. For back squat, I did 125 and 130 for the rest. I could barely hit parallel. But I'm out of practice.

I've been making myself salads at work, just vegetables and sometimes fruit with it. Well, for the last two days, if that counts for anything. I have not had any BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) of anything. It killed me today to cut off some kid's pizza crust (stuffed!!) and not eat it. I also wanted some corn, which is a Power Food, but then I remembered that I'm doing the Primal Challenge and am grain-free for the month. So I stuck with my salad.

Food:
banana, coffee w/ skim milk
veggie salad w/ slivered almonds & fat free dressing
turkey burger w/ cheese & raw vegetables

I used 5 weekly points today on non-Power Foods, leaving me 42.

1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com