Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Who eats half a pound of M&Ms in one afternoon?

I do.

And I think I hit rock bottom today. I am completely disgusted with myself. I haven't worked out at all this week. I got my Wii Fit yesterday and I'm borderline obese. One more pound (which I have surely gained from the M&Ms) would probably put me back in that category. My weight, if I recall correctly (I was trying not to notice) was 161 or something hideous. My Wii Fit age is 47. I'm 33 years old.

Over the last few days, I've been reading stories of food addiction. I can relate to some of it, and I think I'm on to something, but then I tell myself, "oh you just don't want it badly enough" or "you just lack willpower" in an attempt to keep something from being wrong with me., or some underlying issue. I don't want to blame anything other than myself. I want it to be something I can fix on my own. Seeking professional help is not an option right now. There are a ton of other health related issues that would take priority.

So what am I going to do about it? Good freaking question.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Becky

I can totally relate. Don't beat yourself up about it, that will only make things worse.

Something I've learned with in the past couple of weeks is we can really correct anything in our lives, especially having to do with food, with enough repetition. Do you have a lot of stress in your life that causes you to eat?

I've read your blog for a while now and it seems you just need to focus on nutrition. You're great with working out usually! That's a huge start!

Something else I have found is if you get off the sugar and processed snacks there are soooooo many fewer cravings. Something to think about.

Let me know if I can help! I've definitely suffered with binging and food addiction. It's really an every day battle but I've found ways to cope.

Joy
http://fitandhealthygal.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

Thanks for your comment, Joy!!

I do have stress, but I don't think it's any worse than anyone else. You're absolutely right though - nutrition is my biggest hurdle. When I'm on plan, I kick butt. When I fall off plan, it all goes to hell. I need to find that trick that will keep me on plan. I'm going back to BFFM as soon as I get home. I felt so good when I did that last year. I need to stick to Tom's list of good foods to eat.

I'm going to read your blog for inspiration.

Joy said...

Ah that's awesome. It's fun reading other blogs. :-) BFFM is great. It's helped me a lot to just be more healthy. I think the biggest thing is having 5-6 meals a day. I almost never have time to get hungry. Good luck. You can totally do it. You will feel amazing!