Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Food Addiction

I'm still reading up on food addiction. I really need to get some real books, rather than relying on second hand information, even when it's from people I trust.

A discussion on one board I belong to has a post by the trainer, and it's something I've known all along, but have been unable to commit to.

According to what I've read, you need to remove the trigger foods completely. You can't have just a little ...

It's just like an alcoholic. Having just one drink is risky.

So, just like that, I can never have sweets again. The thought is terrifying. It sets me up to fail. I always want what I can't have. The logical thing to do would be learn to control the urges, right? Can they really be controlled? I'm tired of this roller coaster but I don't know how to slow down, stop, and get off.

No comments: