Sunday, July 6, 2008

Video Workout Challenge - Week 1

Monday

Off to a great start. Well, I weighed in, and that was a bit depressing. 155.5 pounds, up about 12 from my low. Could be worse, I guess.

I kicked things off with Turbo Jam Ab Jam and I did both segments! The floor stuff is difficult for me, but I couldn't put off floor work any longer. Practice, baby, practice! Then I did the Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox. It was hard! Much faster than I expected, and I could barely keep up. But, it was my first time doing it, and I think I'll be better next week.

Food was on track, but oh so difficult to stick to. I did have half a slice of meatloaf that I didn't add to my tracker because I didn't measure the ingredients. I served my son some ice cream and didn't even take a lick.

Tuesday

The Turbo Sculpt video KICKED MY BUTT!!! I started with 5 pound weights and had to back off to 3 pounds! For some things, 3 pounds wasn't enough, but I didn't have time to grab the 5 or 10 pound dumbbells. I'll have to work on being able two switch. I have no muscle endurance, but good strength. I used to think strength was all that matters, but like with lots of things related to exercise, my view is changing.

Food was good today.

Wednesday

I did my first TJ Cardio Party today. It was awkward, learning new moves and new sequences, so I kept it low impact. I hope it goes better next time I do to. On plan with food today, too. I wanted to throw in the towel, but didn't. I made a lemon ricotta cheesecake, then realized the Jell-O I used was not sugar free, so I had to toss the whole thing.

Thursday

Today's workout was Biggest Loser Power Sculpt, Level 1. I meant to do Level 2 after but changed my mind before I started the session. I'm glad I did. Even using 5 pounders, my body was ready to quit after the first 20 minutes. Food sucked.

Friday

I wanted to skip my cardio today, but didn't. I did Ab Jam and TJ Fat Blaster. It was interesting. My house feels like it's going to fall apart when I do all that jumping.

Food sucked.

Saturday

I did the Biggest Loser Strength & Sculpt and Boot Camp. NOT FUN!!!!!! I couldn't do the high intensity stuff because crap just falls off my shelves in the house. I desperately want a basement (not an option here) or a garage.

Food...SS, DD!!!

Sunday

I am so disgusted with myself. That is all.

No comments: