Sunday, May 25, 2008

BGB-1 Week 8

Monday

I moved on from the Turbo Jam Learn & Burn to the 20 Minute Workout today, plus the usual standing segment of Ab Jam. Maybe next week I'll do both segment. I hate doing abs on my back though. Anyway, it was a good, good workout! I got sweaty and out of breath. I'm still a bit uncoordinated, but I will definitely get the hang of it!

Food was good, too. Low carb day. I even tried a new recipe - curry chicken. It was great.

Tuesday

I've been doing the President's Challenge for over a year now, just logging my exercise each day. I finally accumulated enough points for the Gold award. I thought this was the end, and I was pretty bummed about not really having anything to log (and which is why I signed up for the WOMAN Challenge). But lo and behold:

You are 16 % of the way toward the goal of 500000 points for a Platinum Award. Only 419981 points to go!

So I guess I do have more President's Challenge logging ahead of me.

I'm actually very proud of myself. We were under a tornado watch most of the evening, and it was pretty stressful. I unplugged the computer and didn't really have anything to do, so I was pretty bored. I cooked dinner (but I stopped measuring food), and we ate. Then I was hungry again. There M&Ms in the freezer. I managed to get through the evening without having even one!! I did end up eating a banana, an egg cream, and a chocolate protein shake after dinner (which was cubed steak and spaghetti squash with green pepper and onion). So, I made it through an incredibly boring evening without eating junk food!

Wednesday

I woke up late and had to run off to a playdate, so I didn't get my workout in first thing this morning. I was worried that I'd put it off once I got home, but I didn't. Then I debated skipping HIIT. I didn't. Go me!

On plan with food, still. I'm still really proud of myself for not eating the M&Ms yesterday.

Thursday

No formal exercise today. I've been cleaning the house and getting ready for my father-in-law's visit. As he usually does when he comes down, he's going to be taking us to a seafood buffet. I'm taking a cheat for that meal, both otherwise, I should be on plan during his visit. I shouldn't have any problems with weights, but cardio is always a challenge because a) I'm still uncoordinated with Turbo Jam and b) I only wear shorts and a sports bra when I do cardio - especially HIIT. I get way too hot and cranky if I wear even my usual workout tank top. I'll have to see if I can find something lighter than my tank to wear on the two days I have cardio scheduled while he's here.

I ate on plan today, but my father in law showed up a day early, with freshly processed sausage and jerky from our favorite meat market in Pennsylvania. I ate a few things, but didn't log them in my food tracker because I don't know the nutritional values for the. Protein though. That's all I care about.

Friday

Great workout today. Lat pulls are driving me nuts. I really need a pullup bar.

It was another "if I don't get some chocolate I am going to lose my mind" night. I am proud today that, two nights in a row, I have not caved!! GO ME!

Saturday

I had another great workout. My son was still asleep when I was lifting, so I was able to get through it without lots of distractions. I'm still doing HIIT after legs, and I had no idea if I'd make it all the way through today. My legs were already jelly from the deads and squats. I wanted to drop one interval from the plan, but I didn't. I still miss running though.

I made some homemade low carb peanut butter cups today. I added some chocolate peanut butter Capella flavor drops to them. They are fantastic. I'm trying to practice portion control. It's a miracle the entire batch isn't gone. I have overeaten dinner, though. Damn my husband for being such a great burger griller!!

Sunday

We went out for lunch. I ate dessert. Pfft.

No comments: