Sunday, May 11, 2008

BGB-1 Week 6

Monday

I did the Turbo Jam Burn & Ab Jam segments today. They are getting easier. I am going to try to do the Burn segment every day this week, and Ab Jam on Thursday. I would like to move up to the 20 Minute Workout beginning next week.

Food was good today. No cravings and I stayed on plan.

Tuesday

Good workout this morning! I even did the TJ Burn segment. I think I ate on schedule all day. No cravings, again. I'm actually starting to feel pretty good!

Wednesday

I had a great workout today! I had to do my split squats without weights and I couldn't go down very far, but that just means I have a lot of room for progress! I really felt it doing my full squats, too. After lifting, I did real HIIT on the elliptical: 4 minute warm up on level 3, 6 cycles of 1 minute on level 4, 1 minute on level 7, then 4 minute cool down on level 3. I liked it. And there's room for progression.

Wow. I just went for a walk with my almost 4 year old. He weighs just over 40 pounds. I've lost a bit over 40 pounds. Halfway home, he asked me to carry him. How the heck did I get around with that extra weight all the time?? After two blocks, I was huffing and puffing, and I had to put him down and make him walk. Damn.

Thursday

No Turbo Jam today, but I did some house cleaning and yard work.

Friday

Crazy freaking day! I got my weight training in but not cardio. I didn't even get a chance to eat until late afternoon. I am proud of myself for not getting junk food while I was out taking care of a minor crisis.

Saturday

Today has been much calmer than yesterday. I actually got on the scale - 145, which is only 2 pounds up from my low a few weeks ago. I really expected to be closer to 150, so I'll take it.

Exercise was interesting. I did my deadlifts, then supersetted 3x10 of good mornings, skull crushers, and front squats. It was exhausting. I wasn't sure if I'd do my HIIT afterward, but I did. I took a 5 minute rest then hopped on the elliptical. It almost felt like the running I used to do when I did BFL. I miss having a treadmill. I may have to go in debt for one.

Today's lesson learned: No matter how much I'm tempted not to, always measure my food. I didn't want to bother, as my husband was making chicken breast and onion rings. Not having numbers in front of me to keep me in line led me to half a bag of M&Ms, a bowl of Fruit Loops, and some no bake cookies.

Sunday

Back on plan today. Even though I should have learned a lesson yesterday, I'm not measuring my dinner. My husband made homemade macaroni and cheese and pork ribs. I've already made up my mind that I am not having any junk food after dinner. I'm just not!

Looking back on the goals I set, I have done okay. Not stellar, but I've had an okay two weeks. Yesterday's mess up won't happen again. I'm just glad I was able to contain it to one evening.

No comments: