Sunday, May 4, 2008

BGB-1 Week 5

Monday

I'm very proud of myself. Today I did the Turbo Jam Learn & Burn. I still have problems with the moves at times, but I was able to get through the Burn segment, and I worked up a sweat. Then, I followed with the Ab Jam. I'm very pleased.

No junk food today!

Tuesday

I did the TJ Burn segment again this morning, after lifting. I think I'm getting the hang of it! I'm still off pace and terribly uncoordinated, but it sure beats trudging along on the elliptical.

Food is good, too! I made a wonderful chicken stock to use as the liquid in my baked brown rice. I can't wait! I think I'll start the rice before I workout, then it will be ready by the time I finish and take a shower. I can almost taste it already.

Wednesday

I had every intention of doing some HIIT on the elliptical today after my workout, but I pulls something in my right quad doing split squats. It's not horrible, but it was "painful" enough that I immediately had to stop doing the split squats. Rather than aggravate it, I decided to skip cardio and rest my leg for the next two days. I also need to find two different quad exercises. I am really having problems with lunge-type moves, where most of my weight is on one leg. I also switched to full squats rather than front squats because of my wrists. I'll probably swap out the split squat for a hack squat. I don't know what I'll do on my other leg day in place of walking lunges. I can't get my form down right. Maybe I'll do leg extensions or something.

On a very happy note, my glasses broke today, forcing me to go to the eye doctor for the first time in almost 4 years. I got new glasses and contacts. Now I can workout and see!!! The eye doctor gave my son a blow pop, then gave me a piece of chocolate. GRRR! It's in my freezer. I'm going to melt it and put it in something. I'm going to make an acceptable birthday cake for myself, just a one or two serving thing.

Thursday

I finally got around to making one of the cucumber salads I posted about last week. I made the first version. It was pretty good - too creamy and too much parsley though. I think I'll cut it in half next time.

No workout today. It's supposed to be Turbo Jam day, but I wanted to give my leg another day to rest. I finally settled on side split squats instead of regular and hack squats instead of walking lunges. I know the lunges are probably better for me, but until I get the form perfect, I can't really count on them to give my muscles a good workout. I'll certainly practice, but not weighted for a while.

As I write this now, I feel hungry and really, really want to go into the kitchen and look for something to eat. Notice I said "feel" hungry, not that I "am" hungry. I just ate some pork loin and brown rice salad. It's almost bedtime. But I feel like I want to eat. I still have that square of chocolate from the eye doctor, but I am saving that to make a glaze for my oopsie donuts. Yes, cleochatra came up with an oopsie donut. I am really looking forward to that!

Friday

I am please to report that I did not eat anything last night, after I finished posting. Not only did I not eat, but I also did not go directly to bed just in order to avoid the perceived hunger. Go me!

No cardio today after weights. I slept in a bit and was running late. Hey, it's my birthday - I can be lazy. I am going to hit the cardio heavy next week. I will do it 6 days a week in some form or another. I need to practice the Turbo Jam some more, to make sure I don't tweak my knee during the twist moves.

I made a batch of oopsie donuts today. I melted the dark chocolate I had and drizzled it over 2 of them. I ate the whole batch of oopsies. I'll have to make more. Since I snacked on oopsies all afternoon, I didn't eat dinner. So, not a great day food-wise.

I've spent a few hours on various weight loss boards and I remembered that the more active I am in such communities, the more motivated and successful I am with my own weight loss. Maybe I need to get myself out there more and encourage others.

Saturday

My arms aren't long enough to do hack squats!!! I couldn't believe it. I wonder if I should just use dumbbells instead. That didn't occur to me until this morning. My butt gets in the way when I try to use the barbell. I hate being so short and stubby!

Sunday

Today is going to be rough. I am super, super mad at my husband. So far, I've been able to control my eating. I need to go grocery shopping because we need groceries, but I'm afraid I'll buy something I shouldn't. Eating beforehand does nothing for me. I would buy junk anyway.

I'm still working on my goal setting. I haven't really thought about it much, especially today. I've been avoiding food, which is not good. I know one of my main goals needs to be related to not skipping meals.

No comments: