Friday, September 2, 2016

Totally forgot I'm supposed to be back!

So, hahaha, yesterday was "Day 1" of of 1,575 and I totally forgot about it. Good thing yesterday was a scheduled rest day. If this doesn't set the tone for the insanity on which I'm about to embark...

All I really wanted to do was dick around with spreadsheets. I wanted to make my own for all the New Rules of Lifting programs. It took forfuckingever to make them exactly how I wanted them but I finally got it done after a while. Some of the programs, like Supercharged and For Life, were complicated to put together on a spreadsheet because there's no given exercise for the workouts. There are choices for the types of exercises in the workouts. So not only did I have to make the workout sheets, but I had to include all the exercises of a given group. Total pain in the ass.

One thing I've always wanted to do was ALL the NROL programs from start to finish. Now I have no excuse, other than I'm lazy. Ugh. I really want to lift again. I miss it so much. My schedule sucks balls and I'm thinking about becoming a roller derby ref, so that will eat up more of my time. I still have to be a parent. I had to schedule all my lifting on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, because I go in to work late those days, and on Sundays. I'm going to try to squeeze in short cardio sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays, longer ones on Fridays because I don't work. Saturdays will be rest days.

Here is my workout calendar for the rest of 2016. Actually, all of them are there. Right through 2020. I will finish up the NROL programs shortly after my 45th birthday. But I'm sure another book will come out by then and I will have to tinker with the second half of that year - ditch the Shaun T Insanity shit and do more NROL!

I'm not going to share the NROL spreadsheets here because Lou would probably spank me. But they are pretty, trust me. I'm starting with the original NROL and working through all 8,000 workouts. Ok, not really. It's 192 workouts, I think. If I start Sunday, September 4, 2016, I will finish the last original workout on Thursday, December 21, 2017. Nuts.

Since I completely forgot I had a Fit Test scheduled for today, I'm totally using my numbers from January 1 of this year. I'm pretty sure my fitness hasn't improved since then. I also wanted to get in a Rockport test in to measure VO2max but didn't. I also can't find my fucking body fat calipers, so my start stats are totally half assed. I did weigh myself and measured the waist/hip/gut area. Oh, and in a moment of brilliance, I decided to buy plain old calipers from Home Depot. I decided that my particular body fat percentage doesn't matter as long as the measurement with the calipers goes down.

So let's talk about food. Melty wants me to do a Paleo challenge with her. Um, maybe? I can't give up my coffee creamer and Splenda. I just can't. And again, I have people to feed who are not remotely interested in eating healthy foods. There really is no reason for me not to eat healthy, except that I'm lazy. There seems to be a theme here. I could live on apples, cottage cheese, eggs, chicken and vegetables but I don't think that would fly for the rest of my people.

I guess I will spend the weekend meal planning and prepping. Melty, don't let me quit.

No comments: