Sunday, September 11, 2016

NROL - Original: Week 2 - Break In B (WO2)

I should have spent the day prepping food and shit for the week. Instead, I spent it dicking around with Scrivener and contemplating taking a free writing course in October. I'm supposed to spend November adapting my friend's novel into a script, for National Novel Writing Month, but I have a lot of story ideas I would like to actually get out of my head. I worked out first, though.

NROL Break In B, Workout 2:

deadlift (conventional) - 2x15x45 lbs
step up (12" step) - 2x15xbodyweight
dumbbell one-arm shoulder press - 2x15x10 lbs
lying dumbbell row - 2x15x10 lbs
reverse crunch - 2x15

I really, really need to find a sub for the step ups. I fucking hate them. HATE THEM. Especially high rep. I hate high rep in general. After Break In, the Fat Loss phase of NROL is all high rep. Like up to 20 reps in some cases. Even Hypertrophy will suck sometimes, with 15 and 25 reps. GAH! I just looked. Even the Strength phase has some 15 rep days. Now I am wishing I hadn't been so "I am going to do every NROL program one after the other until I've completed them all!!!!!" Damn it. I would much rather do a high weight, low rep push/pull workout. The later NROL books are better than the original in that regard, but this fucking original plan (all the workouts combined), takes an eternity. I've mentioned before that I won't finish until CHRISTMAS EVE OF NEXT YEAR! That's assuming I stick with it, of course, and don't have anything to prevent me from actually exercising.

Of course, I'm not doing the original book as the authors intended. You're actually supposed to choose a few variations that don't include every workout, but I'm stupid.

I'm a little nervous about being back to work AND getting my workouts in. I purposely scheduled my lifting on the days I go in late, so I would have plenty of time to do it in the morning. Ugh. I just don't want to do anything at all.

I have a terrible relationship with food. When I'm not trying to eat well, I feel no real guilt about what I eat. When I'm trying to eat well, I feel guilty about every bite I take. It's fucked up. I skimmed by blog back when I was doing Insanity, and it looks like I was doing Weight Watchers at that time. I can't remember which version of the program it was - I think it was PointsPlus. I don't really want to do it again because I don't like low fat foods. Yes, I know I can eat full fat stuff and blow through my daily points. I already get the minimum number of points as it is because I'm not that fat. Exercise points - I really don't trust those. Plus, if I do WW, I will likely load up on carbs, when I am trying to get way from overly processed carbohydrates. I don't know what to do. Story of my life. For shits & giggles, I calculated what my WW points would be for each meal today.

Food:

coffee w/ Splenda & creamer [5 P+] - I tried the coconut milk and promptly poured everything down the sink.
eggs w/ salsa [8 P+]
apple & cottage cheese [6 P+]
cheesy Mexican potatoes skillet & corn [17 P+] - This is from Get In The Kitchen, Bitches. I added ground beef. I would have preferred to use ground turkey but some people here have an aversion to ground turkey. Fuckers.

That brings me to 36 P+ for the day. My target is 26. And let's say I get 1 point for exercise. That leaves me taking 8 points from my Weekly Points, leaving me with 40 for the rest of the week.

Numbers:

Carbs - 92 g
Fiber - 7 g
Fat - 69 g
Protein - 83 g
Total Calories - 1313
C/F/P % - 28/47/25

Like everything else in life, I overthink this shit.

No comments: