Saturday, September 10, 2016

Rest Day - If Whining Burned Calories

It seems like I haven't done much to deserve a rest day. It was my first day back to work after being off all week. This was the first time I've taken time off so I didn't know what I would be walking into. It wasn't as bad as I expected but I was already physically and mentally exhausted from the week I had. I really do not like taking time off.

I got off work and went grocery shopping. I really wish I'd had time to plan out what we would be having this week. It's so hard to do on the fly. I did find some coconut milk that I am going to try in my coffee instead of the creamer. My creamer is killing my calorie and carb counts.

In trying to get my son to eat better, I'm switching him to whole wheat everything, and I will attempt to make snacky food from scratch. I found an interesting 3 ingredient peanut butter cup recipe to try. It's just bananas, peanut butter, and coconut oil. He has been doing really well with controlling his intake the last few days. I didn't buy any pizza or pre-made microwaveable crap for him. I meant to buy a big bag of frozen fruit so he can make his Shakeology smoothies but I forgot. I hate Shakeology but he loves it. I'm okay with that as a treat.

So no workout today. I also didn't have anything to eat until dinner time. I had my usual coffee to sustain me all day. I didn't dig into the candy I keep on my desk at work. I didn't go to the vending machine.

I feel like everything is just out of control and I'm trying desperately to get it together. I don't know what to do to help my son get healthy. I mean I know what to do, but execution is hard. I don't know why I feel like I don't have time for anything. I work a 40-hour week and my commute is short. I don't like my schedule, having some early days and some late days. I love working Saturdays. It's a shorter day and usually fairly calm. Monday - Thursday really suck though. Every other Friday sucks when I have to spend 4+ hours in the car, taking my son to his dad. Every other Sunday sucks when I have to go get him. I need to get my son more active, but it's been so fucking hot, and we both hate the heat and the sun. I told him that once it cools down, we are going to start taking walks in evenings on my early days. I will still have to fit my regularly scheduled cardio into those evenings. There's dinner and housework and homework to be done. I realize that all parents have this issue. I know I'm not alone but some days it seems like I'm so overwhelmed I can't stand it.

Anyway, food for today:

coffee w/ Splenda & creamer
salad w/ peppers, turkey pepperoni, sunflower seeds, chow mein noodles, shredded cheese & Italian dressing

My numbers:

Carbs - 96 g
Fiber - 7 g
Fat - 65 g
Protein - 38 g
Total Calories - 1378
C/F/P % - 34/52/14

No comments: