Sunday, September 4, 2016

NROL - Original: Week 1 - Break In A (WO1)

Yesterday was a scheduled rest day as I worked my last day before "vacation" (forced time off because I was about to stop accruing leave time for not having taken any days off in the 18 months I've been there). Good thing I had nothing scheduled because yesterday was a nightmare. Work was fine, but about an hour in, I got a call from my ex-husband saying our son had an accident and they were going to call an ambulance. This was right at the tail end of Tropical Storm Hermine and my ex thought the ambulance would be faster. No. He ended up driving about an hour to the nearest hospital. I couldn't reach my boss but let's be honest - I would have been totally useless. My son put his arm through a glass door when the wind gusted hard. My ex put him on the phone so I could talk to him and my baby started crying because I was crying. It sucked. He was trying so hard to be strong and brave and mommy's tears broke him. In the end, they went to the hospital, my 12 year old got 20 stitches, then went back to his dad's for the rest of the weekend. I always tell Sebastian that in the event of an apocalypse, he has to go stay with his dad to ensure his survival. My ex is great when it comes to that shit. I'll be the first one eaten by zombies, of that I am sure.

So after an emotionally draining "rest" day, I had a lot of shit on my plate for today. I needed to clean my son's room because he can barely clean it with two good hands. And I can't just clean one room. I have to clean them all. And my refrigerator needed to be emptied of all science projects and cleaned to prepare for healthy food storage. And of course, the bathroom sink is clogged, so while I waited for it to drain - while my roommate was off buying Drano - I got my workout in. It was a short and easy one. It literally took me 3 1/2 30 Seconds to Mars songs. And it wasn't that easy. My balance sucks and I've lost so much strength. I only used weights for the dumbbell rows. My push ups were a) on my knees (which I know Alwyn Cosgrove says is a big NO!) and b) shallow - kind of like my taste in celebrities.

Anyway...here's NROL Break In A, Workout 1:

squat - 2x15xbodyweight
static lunge - 2x15xbodyweight
dumbbell two point row w/ elbows out - 2x15x10 lbs
push ups - 2x15 on my knees
Swiss ball crunch - 2x20

I have creatine. I did not use it today. I think I will wait until the Hypertrophy phase. I'm lower weight high rep until Christmas Day. What a great gift - here, bitch, lift heavy!

Food was not that great. I am trying to get rid of the last of the junk in the house. I'm still trying to decide what to do about my daily coffee. With the flavored creamer I use, it's taking up almost 300 calories and 40 grams of carbs, all sugar. I am trying to decide whether or not I can continue consuming My Precious and still get anywhere if I eat right the rest of the day. I can't imagine my life without this. I wish I could remember how I took my coffee before but I'm too lazy to sift through four years worth of daily blogs. I think I even gave up coffee at one point. I have no desire to do that now. But that creamer is keeping be from fitting nicely into a category. I'm not Keto or Paleo or SFT (Weight Watchers). I want whole fat dairy, lean proteins, vegetables and fucking sweet potatoes. With French Vanilla Ecstasy and Splenda.

I didn't bother measuring or logging in MyFitnessPal because, as I said, it was junk elimination day. Aside from coffee, I had:

half a pint of ice cream
a small handful of nuts
shrimp & pasta with garlic and butter

I did throw away two half cans of Pringles and all my cereal that had been sitting around for months. 


No comments: