Friday, November 23, 2012

Zuzka Challenge!!

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, but I have fallen off the wagon. Not only have I fallen off the wagon, the son of a bitch has run me the fuck over. There are 38 days left in 2012, and I'm challenging myself (again) to do something.

I've been a fan of Zuzana Light for a while now. She's the original Bodyrock.TV chick. I'm not crazy about the new chick, Lisa, and all the equipment Bodyrock.TV uses these days. The program was supposed to be simple. After whatever happened between Zuz and the guy who filmed all the shit, she went out on her own. She's had her own thing for a while now, including a YouTube channel, two different Facebook pages, her own web site, and a Pinterest page. The Pinterest page has ALL her ZWOWs (Zuzka's Workout of the Week) and it looks like some of the older Bodyrock.TV stuff, before it got complicated.

So where am I going with this? For the remainder of this year, I want to do one of Zuzka's workouts every day. When December 31 rolls around, there will be 16 weeks before the Flying Pirate Half Marathon. I am fairly certain I am going to use this training schedule, beginning on December 31, which will be a rest day, per the schedule. So I have 37 days of ZWOWs. My plan is two right them all out on index cards and pick one at random each night to do the following day. 

I have to get this shit under control. I have a million reasons to get back into shape. I am so happy with every aspect of my life except my fitness level. I'll go back to using MyFitnessPal and I'm going to try really, really hard to post everywhere to keep myself accountable. I'll post a link to the workout, my notes (time, reps, weight, whatever) and my food & calorie stats for the day. I'm going to use two measurements for tracking my loss - weight and my beer gut. Okay, it's a cake gut but whatever. I'm going to measure the biggest part of my midsection. Because that's all I care about. I need to shrink that puppy down so I don't look four damn months pregnant. Okay, five months. Fucking hell, fat ass. 

I know I've said it before, but I'm tired of being out of shape. It's been 18 months since I was happy with myself that way. I've pulled out all my cookbooks and now that I'm not behind on my bills, I can buy good foods again and cook. I have to get the exercise back though. I've been struggling so hard with it. I remember a time when, no matter how shitty my diet was, I never fucked off my exercise. I need that back. I'm desperate.

No comments: