Saturday, November 24, 2012

Zuzka Challenge - Day 1 - ZWOW #1

I figured I'd start off my Zuzka Challenge with the first ZWOW. I decided to do this because on my last day, I'm going to do the ZWOW again, and try to beat my time. Actually, ZWOW #30 is the Beat Your Best, so I'm not making this shit up. She really did repeat the workout.

It's three rounds for time:

10 dive bombers
5 burpees
20 squat with leg lift - each side
5 burpees
10 side plank lifts - each side
5 burpees
10 pistol squats - each side
5 burpees

My time was 36:53. I could have finished a bit quicker if I hadn't been crying the entire 2nd & 3rd rounds. I also wish I'd worn my heart rate monitor. Caloriesperhour.com estimates that I burned 330 calories. I'll go conservative and say 250.

Why was I crying? you ask? BECAUSE I LET MYSELF GET SO OUT OF FUCKING SHAPE AND I WISH I COULD TAKE MYSELF OUT AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF MYSELF!!! I am so damn angry. There were times when I wanted to beat my fists against the floor and kick some walls, but I was afraid of hurting myself. I didn't live in an apartment, I would have screamed the rage away. Instead, I had to settle for sobbing into my carpet between every rep. No joke, man. I wanted to quit after the first round, which "only" took me 9 minutes. I would have hated myself even more than I already do if I had quit, so I just kept going. The pistol squats were not real pistols. I did one leg, thighs to maybe parallel while holding onto a wall squats. My burpees were slow, with the lamest push up components ever. And my dive bombers were more like downward dogs with a little hip pump. It sucked. Truly. My the time I was finished (okay, with the first round), I wanted to throw up and die. I don't know if I should have eaten before the workout (it had been a while since breakfast) but I had no appetite when I finished. I had to eat though. Two hours after I finished the workout, I was still shaking.

Oh, and I have no starting stats because I forgot to get on the scale this morning, and I lost my tape measure. So screw it. My goal is fitness. On December 30, when I do this ZWOW again, I don't want to cry. If I'm to that point, I'll know the other stuff is taking care of itself.

Food:
coffee w/ Splenda & half & half
eggs w/ chipotle sauce, toast w/ butter
tilapia & risotto

I didn't eat dinner. I had no appetite. I just wanted to go to bed.

Tomorrow's workout.

No comments: