Sunday, May 6, 2012

Countdown To Summer - Week 1 - Sunday

I'm starting an 8-week fitness challenge today. I made it up myself so if it sucks, too bad.

Today's workout was low/body weight, high rep stuff, followed by a Sweet 16 Tabata (that's four tabatas in a row). For those not in the know, a tabata is a 4-minute workout - 8 intervals of 20 seconds of all out work, followed by 10 seconds of rest. As always, I do alternating sets of exercises, so I paired them accordingly. These are all 3 sets of 15-20.

walking lunge
pike push up

dumbbell shrug (25 lbs)
seated row w/ resistance band

push up
donkey kick

SHELC (supine hip extension with leg curl)
jackknife

Today's tabata moves: mountain climbers, Turbo Jam twist, run stance squats (from P90X), and butt kicks/high knees. It was rough. LOL

Food:
slim jim w/ cheese
pork ribs w/ barbecue sauce
eggs & cheese w/ chipotle sauce
apple & cottage cheese

No comments: