Sunday, April 8, 2012

Storm The Beach - Week 4 - Saturday

Today was our GO FAR fundraiser race, the Bunny Hop 5K. Last year's inaugural Bunny Hop 5K was the first race I ever ran all the way through, and it's my favorite race to run. As long as I am living on the Outer Banks,  I will be running this race. And I do mean run! I ran the whole thing today. My time wasn't as good as last year but I did it. I ran to raise money for OBX GO FAR and a local family. I ran in honor of some family members who died last night in a train accident. I ran for myself, because I needed to remind myself that I can do it.

Two of my GO FAR kids came in second in their age/gender divisions. I'm so damn proud of them. I'm proud of my son, who insisted he didn't need us during the Jelly Bean Fun Run, and he ran the whole thing all by himself. In four weeks, he is running his second 5K. Last year, I ran the GO FAR 5K and had my best race time ever. This year, I'm running with Sebastian. We walked the Jingle Bell 5K back in December, but this time, he's going to run. I can't wait.

I also can't wait for Storm The Beach!!! Sebastian begged me to let him do it, so I signed him and Sam up for the non-competitive family division. Then I decided to go ahead and do it with them. So I will have about 90 minutes to complete the event with my Team Camp before I'm needed for Round 2. I know it took 2 1/2 hours for the Spartan but I really don't think this is going to be as difficult. I hope not, anyway. It will suck, for sure, but I think it will be quicker torture than the Spartan.

Food:
apple
banana & cupcake - I wasn't going to have a cupcake after the race, but Sebastian brought one to me and I couldn't turn him down.
quesadilla burger w/ fries, brownie & ice cream - The three of us split the dessert.
pasta salad & cheese

No comments: