Monday, December 31, 2012

Done with December - Day 31

I was going to start my no added sugar, no wheat challenge today but I wanted to treat my son to one last splurge. We went to Dunkin Donuts this morning and used a gift card that one of my sweet third graders gave me for Christmas. And I needed to go grocery shopping. There's no junk in my house...no pasta, no bread, no cereals. That's because I ate it all. I did throw some of it away, stuff that was way beyond expiration. I didn't bother buying more coffee, since I can't have any in January due to the whole no added sugar/artificial sweetener thing. Yay for water.

Last week, my copy of New Rules of Lifting: Supercharged arrived. If you have been following my blog for a while, you know how much I love me some NROL. Lou Schuler knows his stuff and Alwyn Cosgrove is an evil son of a bitch who puts together brilliantly brutal workouts. I reviewed the book over the weekend. It's delightfully complicated. Well, not complicated if you've been following NROL for a while. Lou outlines Alwyn's exercises and method, then you pick your own moves to do in each stage. I'm not going to outline everything - the book is detailed and I have a headache. As always, I highly recommend all of the NROL books.

I wish I could find my tape measure and calipers for tomorrow morning. I have been looking for them ever since I moved in to my apartment. I know I packed them and brought them with me.


No comments: