Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Workout Routine

I'm taking a break from formal weight lifting. I have to go back to New York in 4 weeks, and when I return, I plan to hit it hard again. I bought Lou Schuler's The New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle. I'm going to read that and make a good plan. We also bought a Wii, and the Wii Sports is keeping me busy. I'm particularly addicted to tennis. It will be a while before we get a Wii Fit because they are nowhere to be found. But I am getting one, because I'll need the balance board for the Jillian Michaels workout that will be out later this year.

Speaking of Jillian, I got her 30 Day Shred. Reviewing it, I think it's interesting. I'm not sure when I'll be able to start doing it, though. I want to do a lot of the different videos I have and keep some real weight lifting in there.

For now, here's my plan, for the next four weeks:

Monday - Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox, TJ Ab Jam
Tuesday - Turbo Sculpt
Wednesday - Turbo Jam Cardio Party
Thursday - Biggest Loser Power Sculpt
Friday - Turbo Jam Fat Blaster
Saturday - Biggest Loser Strength & Sculpt, Bootcamp
Sunday - REST

I've got some Cathe Friedrich on my Tivo to review and hopefully use her stuff when I get back from New York. I like her style a lot.

As far as food goes, I honestly don't know. I'm going to try to kick the junk, and that's all I can really say. I sucked over my vacation and I don't dare get on the scale. I think I'll wait to weigh myself until I get a Wii Fit. I know I have to do better. It makes me so mad that I can't eat clean for more than a few days.

No comments: