Sunday, June 15, 2008

BGB-1 Week 11

Monday

I've decided I need to detox and try to get control of my cravings. That means Atkins Induction (only slightly less fat and more vegetable selection - can't give up those carrots!). I rarely craved junk when I was doing Atkins. So, I'm going back to it, at least for a couple weeks. Then I'll add back in brown rice and beans and maybe some whole wheat stuff. We'll see how it goes.

I had a really great workout today! I started with the Biggest Loser Workout - the high intensity option. Boy, that kicked my butt a bit. Then I took a "break" by doing Ab Jam, then kicked it back up and did the TJ 20 Minute Workout. It was awesome! My coordination is improving a lot. I think this is the routine I'll follow for now - all 3 videos twice a week, and all week while I'm in New York. Actually, I only have 3 workout days up there, but I think these will be fun.

Food has been really good today. I haven't been crazy hungry, and a deviled egg usually kills any cravings I have. Well, I actually craved broccoli, but I don't think that counts.

After some thought, I am going to modify my cardio. I'm going to give up HIIT for a while and do a video every day. I don't look forward to using my elliptical because it's boring, but I think I will enjoy the videos. I've been watching more today to see what I'd like to do. I'm going to try to fit in a 20-30 minute session after weights each day.

Tuesday

I noticed something today when I did the Biggest Loser Boot Camp. Those guys and gals get sweaty. They grunt and grimace and back off when they need to. The Turbo Jam crew members are all perfectly made up and happy and never break form. I realize the Turbo Jammers are, for the most part, "professionals" and very fit, and the Losers are real people who aren't in perfect shape. I like that. It makes me feel better that there are some things I can't do. Like pushups. Well, I can do pushups, but I'd prefer to do them modified, especially after an already intense upper body weight lifting session. Boot Camp was fun, though, and when I watched it yesterday, I wasn't really sure I would have the energy after my regular workout.

I'm not sure which I like better - Biggest Loser or Turbo Jam. I think Turbo takes more coordination, something I wasn't really born with. Biggest Loser is less chaotic. I like them both more than I like the elliptical, that's for sure! I'm almost glad I didn't buy a treadmill because I wouldn't be able to justify not using it in favor of the videos. I'm kind of looking forward to moving to the longer videos! Right now, I can really only do them in 10 or 20 minute segments. And I can't really jump in my house without knocking stuff down. Damn. I need a basement. Or garage, since we don't have basements here.

Food was great today! A little high in calories, but under 2000. I did get a bit hungry in the afternoon, but I was trying to stall so I could eat dinner with my husband. I held off as long as I could, and didn't get to eat with him anyway.

Wednesday

I did my normal leg routine today, then the Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout. I really enjoyed it. I looked forward to it all day yesterday and it really motivated me to get through weights.

Food was pretty good.

Thursday

I don't know what I was thinking when I decided (without previewing them) to do all 3 segments of the Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd. I ended up doing only the beginner. I was going to do some Turbo after, but my son was being a punk. I don't plan on doing Cardio Max again for quite some time - there are way too many lunges for my liking. I don't like lunges. I'd even go so far as to say I hate them. I think I'd much rather chop off my legs than do lunges.

Food was not good. I used good news as excuse to "celebrate" with McDonalds and a cake my son made. Thank goodness the cake tastes like crap.

Friday

I love Turbo Jam!!! I did the 20 Minute Workout after upper body today. I love it so much!!! I can't wait to get the other dvd I ordered (Turbo Jam Fat Blaster).

Food was good today. I skipped dinner, though.

Saturday

I did the Biggest Loser Boot Camp today. I was going to throw on some Turbo but changed my mind because I had to hurry up and get the grocery shopping done. Food was ok. On plan, but lots of it.

Sunday

I spent a few hours cleaning this morning. More of the same tomorrow. Eating off plan today - I'm not feeling well.

No comments: