Sunday, April 13, 2008

BGB-1 Week 2

Monday

I ate a bit badly today, okay, really badly. In my lame defense, I did spend the day shampooing carpets, moving furniture, climbing ladder. I finished the second half of the house for spring cleaning. I'm totally beat. And starving. It wasn't a chocolate binge though. How I would have loved that.

Tuesday

I'm exhausted. I've been having problems staying asleep lately, and last night my husband didn't get home from work until almost 1 AM. I just can't sleep when he's not home. Surprisingly, I did get up when he got up for work, and I worked out, instead of going back to bed. I tried bribing my son to take a nap, but it was too early in the morning for him to sleep. He won't nap most days. Coffee is good.

Just messing around today with a spotter, I tried to see what my 1 rep max would be for bench press and deadlifts. The goals I set for myself are to bench press 100 pounds and deadlift my body weight (whatever that will be at the time) by the end of summer. This time, I benched 88 lbs and deadlifted 138 lbs. My husband suggested we go through each exercise and see what my 1RM is each, then retest every 2-3 months. I think that would be fun.

Wednesday

I practiced doing some regular barbell on the back squats this morning, two sets mixed in with my scheduled front squats. Front squats hurt my wrists, and I was afraid to do a regular squat because I wasn't sure I could get the bar positioned correctly. I think I'm getting it. I need to find some exercises to deal with the wrist issues so I can continue front squats. But I'd also like to start doing some regular squats as well. Actually, are they even "regular" squats? I have no idea. I'm going for the 1 RM tonight when my husband is home to spot me.

Biceps curl 1 RM is 68 lbs, and just prior to that attempt I did a set of 5 at 52 lbs. I guess the 3 sets of 8 of 23 lbs I did this morning are wimpy.

And it really helps if I get the name of the exercise right. I'm doing overhead dumbbell presses, not military presses. Anyway, my 1 RM is 30lbs for OHPs. I actually did a military press and my 1 RM is 62 lbs.

Thursday

Off today. I have a lot of computer crap to catch up on, and I have a few new strength training forums I want to check out. I'm aiming for a lower carb/calorie day, but the avocados I bought are super ripe and calling my name.

Friday

I'm a total screwup. Food has been horrible the last two days. I don't care at this point. I know I will pull myself out of it eventually, but at this moment, I just don't give a crap. At least I'm still working out. I had a problem with my bb pullovers. Turns out I was doing them improperly, so I had to lower the weight significantly. That's ok. I'd rather do them right!

Saturday

I'm ridiculously bloated from all the garbage I continue to eat. GRRRR. I did have a good workout, though. Cardio kicked my butt. Leg days suck.

Sunday

Two things I've noticed during this week of bad eating - I've had heartburn and I'm exhausted. I don't eat sugar alcohols because of the effect they have on my body. I think I should treat these symptoms the same way. Avoid binging to prevent the heartburn and constant exhaustion. Maybe if I look at it that way, I'll be able to stick to the healthy stuff.

No comments: