Saturday, June 9, 2018

80 Day Obsession - Week 1 - Haha, just kidding

I am not going to bore anyone with daily posts. Mostly because I'm lazy about getting on the computer and it's too hard to blog from my phone or iPad.

Day 1: Total Body Core (Monday)

I'll be honest - I almost bailed on this. I got off work super late and was worried I wouldn't get to sleep on time. I was going to double up and do this and Tuesday's workout on Tuesday morning but my amazing Beachbody coach talked sense into me. So I did it. I didn't phone it in. I tried my best. I modified the shit out of it but I did it.

I struggled with food.  My decision to use just milk in my coffee instead of creamer was a terrible one. I didn't even drink it. I bought creamer on my way home from work. I was soooooo hungry without my coffee, I ate my lunch almost as soon as I got to work, and when it was time for lunch, I had to suck it up and dip into my stash of trail mix. I ate a decent dinner after my workout but I was still hungry because there was practically no protein in it. Thank goodness for Triple Zero yogurt. I still came in under my calorie goal.

Day 2: Booty (Tuesday)

This workout didn't suck. I didn't use the resistance bands and it still kicked my ass. It wasn't a pretty workout. For the most part, I could get through all the reps but by the second round, my hips were toast. It's not a super sweaty workout, which I liked, and there's a lot of work on the mat, which I loved. Still, my ass will be feeling it tomorrow. I guess that is the point. When I finished, I could feel the energy coursing through my muscles. I like that.

Day 3: Cardio something or other (Wednesday)

I seriously hated this workout. Hated. It. I literally cannot do even 2 minutes without agonizing pain in my legs. Yes, I know - I need to see a doctor. Food was decent enough today. I hope I have a chance to prep better for next week.

Day 4: AAA (Thursday)

By the time I woke up, I knew I was not going to finish this program so I didn't bother. I would much rather do real weight lifting. Nothing against this program - it's just not for me. And I hate working out to video. I just want to sling iron and crank my music. Food was okay.

Day 5: Legs (Friday)

Nope. Instead of doing 80DO, I made a spreasheet for the lifting I will start on Sunday. And researched Fitbits because my Polar strap is all jacked up. But if I'm not doing cardio, what's the point? If I ever go to the doctor and get whatever this issue is under control, I will Turbo again. God damn, I miss Turbo. Food was okay - I'm resentful of people who eat whatever they want.

Day 6: More cardio nonsense that I didn't  really do (Saturday)

I cleaned my house a bit after work, and spent a lot of time exercising on Pinterest. I tried Cardio Flow and it was a spectacular failure. I brought all my equipment out of my bedroom and back into my weight room where it belongs. Food was good. I still suck at planning and prep.



1 comment:

Melty said...

Idk why I think it’s hilarious you didn’t make it a week. Not in a teasing way but in a ‘that’s a typical Becky - “fuck this shit” - moment’. And then you just made your own legs workout. LOL

You can commiserate with me on this one...I’ve been doing boot camp threee days a week now for a couple years. I love it and it’s great. But I want to lift. If I stop going to boot camp I’m worried I’ll stop everything all together and not work out at all. But I can’t seem to do both.

BTW, I like when you do daily updates. I look for them in the morning.

I did my boot camps this week and walked a couple days. Friday i wanted to punch my trainer in the face. I hated that stupid workout and was in no mood for it. Except i got to do deads. Not many but still. Love anytime i get to do deads. Other than that nothing. Food was meh. Some days on point, others not so much. Yesterday was terrible. Today will be better - damn it!