Saturday, March 2, 2013

Memorial Day Challenge - Day 6

Today started off really crappy. I ate junk until early afternoon, then I pulled my shit together. I went shopping this morning, and saw lots of cute shit I could wear while teaching Turbo Kick, but none of it fit. Fuck me. I have to get back on track.

Then I went to my favorite shoe store and bought three pairs of shoes to doing Turbo. I came home and did the Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout three times, once with each pair so I could compare them. It was a cupcake and pop corn fueled workout but I didn't phone it in. I had fun, getting back to the workout that made me fall in love with Turbo.

Okay, so about the shoes.

The first pair I tried was the Skechers EZ Flex Barbed Wire. They are super cute.

They are very light and flexible. They are great for pivoting but that's about it. There's not a lot of cushion in them and I really didn't care for them for Turbo. But I think they will be good for lifting.

The second pair I tried was the Nike Flex Experience RN. They are also very good for pivoting and there is adequate cushioning that I might even go for short runs in them. [Fortunately, I still have a brand new pair of Nike Air something or others for running.] They are heavier than the Skechers but I liked them better because of the cushion.

The last pair I tried was the Adidas ClimaCool Aerate, recommended by the wonderful woman who teaches Zumba to our after school kids. They are very light weight and comfortable. I can pivot and jump beautifully. I love these shoes the best.



No comments: