Saturday, November 30, 2019

I Caved and...

Bought a Fitbit Charge 3 and put MFP back on my phone. If I'm doing this, I'm all in. Fuck, this sucks. I still have no plan but I have gotten better at flying by the seat of my pants in the last couple weeks. I still have a day to hammer out the details. My son wants to start exercising again. He lost about 25 pounds all on this own. I am so fucking proud of him.

Everything I've read about PAD treatment includes walk therapy. I don't want to fucking walk. It's dark and cold out and I'm not joining a gym. I could walk around the apartment but that will get old fast and I'm sure it would annoy the shit out of everyone here. Bah. I just want to ride my stationary bike and lift.

I am mainly struggling with finding recipes that are low in sodium and taste good. I have all the Mrs. Dash flavors and those help but it is still a challenge trying to figure out what I'm going to pack for lunches during the week. Today I made a breakfast casserole that tastes OK but it does have sausage (I wanted to use up what I had on hand) and it's not all that filling. I'm interested in baked oatmeal but I still want to keep my carbs in check. And I have to watch saturated fats. I can only eat so much protein.

We have started incorporating more types of fish into our diet. We eat a lot of bell peppers and stir fry. I don't drink nearly as much coffee and soda as I used to. My son hardly ever drinks soda anymore. I'm enjoying the tea but I think, overall, I am consuming more Splenda, even though I only use half as much per cup - I'm drinking like a thousand cups of tea. I tried a cup last night without any Splenda and it was nasty. Who the fuck wants to drink hot water? Not me. Yuck.

Baby steps.

No comments: