Monday, September 24, 2007

Challenge 1 Day 43

Today was much better. I reluctantly got out of bed, ate my pre-work out meal (which is the same as my post workout meal in terms of item and quantity, so I'll only be listing them once), and did my warm up on the treadmill. Now, I've never used a treadmill before, so this was an interesting experience. I can only imagine what tomorrow's cardio will be like. We've all seen the videos of people's feet moving too slow for the treadmill, so they get knocked down and shot like a cannon across the room. That's me.

I think I'm going to have to suck it up and shell out some big bucks for a decent protein powder. I'm having a terrible time getting enough protein. Carbs and fat are no problem at all. I have my vegetables and oils when needed. Protein is harder though, because sometimes getting enough protein puts me over my fat limit. I buy the leanest stuff I can find, but it's still sometimes pretty fatty. And let's face it - extra lean beef feels like ground cardboard. I have to really spice it up to enjoy it. Protein from meat is easy enough to get, but sometimes I get tired of meat. But what about beans, you say. Beans are a great source of protein, but they are also fairly high in carbs, so it would put me over my carb limit. I suppose I could always combine the beans and meat and try to balance my meals that way. Crikey! So simple, and it never even occurred to me. For some reason, Alice Cooper's "Hey, Stoopid" just popped into my head. Note to self: soak some pinto beans.

Food was good today, I think. I ate when I was hungry, and I didn't have any cravings.

apple
cottage cheese
coffee w/ cream

cucumber & carrots
chicken breast
English muffing w/ butter

carrots
sliced turkey

meatloaf
green beans

cottage cheese
English muffin

Calories - 1656
Carbs - 140 (36 fiber)
Protein - 153
Fat - 61
Ratio - 32.4c/35.4p/32.1f

Ironically, I'm high on protein today. Go figure.

No comments: