Sunday, January 15, 2012

56 Days until the Spartan Sprint

I woke up today not feeling at all like running in 33 degree weather. I popped some ibuprofen, texted my VWB for advice on whether I should go, and of course, she said I should, unless I really felt like I was dying. Since I didn't feel the need to write my own obituary, I sucked it up. I had no plans to actually run, being as out of shape as I am and with a sore IT band. So I wore jeans and a sweatshirt and a zip up sweater. I took my clip on mp3 player and my fancy magic ear buds that are guaranteed not to fall out and figured I'd get a nice, brisk walk in. I got there and immediately the adrenaline kicked in. I desperately wish I'd dressed to run. There was no way I was going to break my PR from last May but I wanted to run. So I half-assed ran intervals, in my jeans. The course went right by my house so I texted my husband to bring me the bottle of water I had forgotten to take. Speaking of forgetting, I realized on my last mile that I hadn't eaten anything before I left either. It was all good though. I finished in 40 minutes (I think, I wasn't really paying attention) then just walked home. I didn't realize how much I miss running. Well, I hate running, but 5Ks are a different beast. I love them. I am going to do another next month. My goal is to make one official race event per month for a whole year. I did an 8K in November, a 5K in December & January, and I have the Spartan (5K) in March. So next month I think I will do the Sweetheart 8K. There's also the Running of the Leprechauns 8K the week after the Spartan. I would like to do that, too. After all, I am an official member of the Outer Banks Running Club now, since today's Frostbite was a membership run. We'll see. I'm poor and running these gets expensive. I'll wear your logo if you sponsor me :p

Food:
coffee w/ skim millk
eggs & turkey patties, banana
turkey patty w/ cheese, baked potato
homemade mocha frappe
salad w/ turkey, cheese & fat free dressing
carrots

No comments: