Friday, January 8, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 12 of 84

Halfway through Month 1 now! Tomorrow, an "off" day, I am going to do the Beginner "TT Abs 3oo Workout" that Craig Ballantyne posted the other day. I'm looking forward to it.

Warm Up:
body weight squat - 10 reps
plank - 20s
push up - 6
repeat

Workout B - rest as little as possible
A1) 1-leg dead lift 3x15 per side
A2) chin up 3x4
B1) step-up 3x15 per side
B2) slow push up 3x8
C1) prisoner lunge 3x15 per side
C2) side plank 3x30s per side
D1) close-grip push up 3x30
D2) plank 3x60s

I think I'm ready to increase the chin ups next week. I'm not going to increase the slow push ups, but I may try to go just a tad slower. The "D" superset is freaking brutal on the shoulders. I'm still doing the close-grip push ups on my knees (with breaks, even!) and I have to go to my knees for part of the plank. I have two weeks of this workout left - my goal is to be able to do the planks without using my knees. 2 activity points for this.

Interval Workout: 5 min warm up, 60 s hard pace, 60 s moderate pace x 6, 5 min cool down - I didn't realize that the treadmill was not flat. It has a manual incline and it was set on the second slot. That may be why it felt so hard to begin with. It's getting easier. I still don't love it, but I don't want to chew my legs off in order to avoid it.
Distance: 1.53 miles
Calories: 149 (1.5 activity points)

cereal w/ skim milk

omelet w/ cheese [2 pts], onion, peppers & salsa, toast [1 pt] w/ reduced-sugar jelly

chicken breast on Flat Out bread [1 pt], carrot sticks

whole wheat pumpkin carrot muffins [2 pts]

goulash (whole wheat pasta, venison, no sugar added pasta sauce), mixed vegetables, bread stick [2 pts]; I went back and forth on the bread stick. I really wanted it (because what's goulash without bread?) but couldn't justify 4 points for it. In the end, I decided I'd have half. And this meal was so weird. I used a small plate for my pasta and a cereal bowl for my vegetables. I knew it was "enough" but I really wanted more. When I finished, my body felt satisfied but my mind and mouth wanted more. I hate that battle that goes on in these cases. Usually, mind and mouth win out.

apple & cottage cheese

Four cups of coffee and 20 ounces of water. Winter can bite me. 4 weekly and 11 activity points remaining.

No comments: